It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Post-draft thoughts?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:17 am 

Drafted in a keeper league last night. Inherited the keepers, but they were solid, so no worries there. Here's my roster:

C - Wieters
1B - Sandoval
2B - Kendrick
SS - Jeter (Keeper)
3B - Longoria (Keeper)
OF - Braun (Keeper)
OF - Choo
OF - Span
UT - Rasmus

B - Desmond
B - Headley

SP - J. Santana (Keeper)
SP - Lester
RP - Bell
RP - Soriano
P - Billingsley
P - E. Jackson
P - Buchholz

B - Hughes
B - Adams
B - Chapman

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Post-draft thoughts?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:27 am 

Sinistas wrote:
Drafted in a keeper league last night. Inherited the keepers, but they were solid, so no worries there. Here's my roster:

C - Wieters
1B - Sandoval
2B - Kendrick
SS - Jeter (Keeper)
3B - Longoria (Keeper)
OF - Braun (Keeper)
OF - Choo
OF - Span
UT - Rasmus

B - Desmond
B - Headley

SP - J. Santana (Keeper)
SP - Lester
RP - Bell
RP - Soriano
P - Billingsley
P - E. Jackson
P - Buchholz

B - Hughes
B - Adams
B - Chapman

Thoughts?

Need to know how many teams.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:54 am 

Sorry about that. 12-team. Here are the cats:

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Strikeouts (K), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Nine Innings (K/9), Quality Starts (QS)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:39 am 

Sinistas wrote:

C - Wieters
1B - Sandoval
2B - Kendrick
SS - Jeter (Keeper)
3B - Longoria (Keeper)
OF - Braun (Keeper)
OF - Choo
OF - Span
UT - Rasmus

B - Desmond
B - Headley

SP - J. Santana (Keeper)
SP - Lester
RP - Bell
RP - Soriano
P - Billingsley
P - E. Jackson
P - Buchholz

B - Hughes
B - Adams
B - Chapman

Thoughts?

I like your hitting a lot, nice balance for your categories. Your front 3 SPs are totally fine, but then you might have to scramble. Bunch of question marks.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:04 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

what SPs are out there as FAs?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:59 pm 

Grey, thanks a lot, I appreciate the input. I went for hitting instead of pitching a little too much in the middle rounds, I guess.

mtw02, thanks for looking. Here's a screenshot:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:52 pm 

I am gonna guess/bet there are guys with higher upside on the next page of that. Namely Matt Latos (Who won't pitch until April 20th, FYI), Homer Bailey (Not a fan, but I'm also not a fan of that first page), & Anibal Sanchez (K's are there but the boy is wild, I tell you). You might want to dive and see if any of these three Blue Jays are still available: Romero, Morrow, Eveland (I'm sad I can't put Marc Rzepczynski up here right now). It's tough going in the AL East, but you've got QS as a stat which buffers the lack of W's.

I'd suggest a guy like Ryan Rowland-Smith or another like him if your league weren't so K-loving (K's and K/9). You might want to do a search by K/9 for starting pitching to see what you come up with that way. Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:18 am 

Both Bailey and Latos were picked in the draft. Sanchez and the Toronto three are available, but I feel like all of those options are question marks as well...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:21 am 

Yeah, at this point it's all about what you see as risky. I really don't like E-Jax this year and not much of a fan of Bucholz; Hughes might turn out nice. Guess it's more about what you'd rather gamble on at this point. What did you find with a K/9 search?