Juan on Juan Rivera

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
Zubaz4fans

Juan on Juan Rivera

Postby Zubaz4fans » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:16 am

Better bet than Luke Scott rest of the year?

found this interesting tidbit you might be interested in grey.

* Manager Mike Scioscia announced Wednesday that Gary Matthews Jr. will be benched in favor of Juan Rivera for the foreseeable future. Signed to a five-year, $50 million deal that was almost universally mocked two winters ago, Matthews was replaced in center field by Torii Hunter this offseason and now loses his fallback gig to a guy who has totaled 115 at-bats over the past two years. He earned the demotion by hitting just .236/.316/.354 in 86 games this season.

Rivera missed most of last season after breaking his leg while playing winter ball and hasn't done much in limited playing time this year, but collecting three hits Thursday makes him 8-for-22 with three homers since being handed something resembling regular work in late June. Prior to the broken leg Rivera put up some nice numbers in a part-time role for the Angels, including hitting .310/.362/.525 with 23 homers and 85 RBIs in 124 games back in 2006.

Hank
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Re: Juan on Juan Rivera

Postby Hank » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:31 am

I picked him up in several leagues a week or so ago. I had him in 2006 and he was solid. I'd drop Scott to pick him up, for sure.

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:41 am

That's a great heads up, Zubaz. He will now be put into today's Buy/Sell that I am currently writing.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:41 am

And I do like him better than Scott.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

bsa

Postby bsa » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:29 pm

More upside this year than a Bruce or Pence?

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:03 pm

No upside really. Just a solid .280 with 15 home runs. Solid's good. I'd take solid over upside on most teams.
Grey Albright

bsa

Postby bsa » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:31 pm

Solid keep you going between the Homeruns and steals. Kind of like my pickup of JHairston while Tulo's pickin' wood out of his hand.

Zubaz4fans

Postby Zubaz4fans » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:09 pm

putting me in your column was the tits. i enjoyed it. thanks grey.

Grey

Postby Grey » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:52 pm

Your Juan announcement was the vagina. So thank you.
Grey Albright

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”