It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: RCL - Restore the Roar
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:22 am 

BKK wrote:
Razzball popularity is experiencing exponential growth I see.

Let's try it this way.

C- Mike Napoli
1B- Justin Morneau
2B- Sean Rodriguez - Was Felipe Lopez
SS- Hanley Ramirez
3B- Ryan Zimmerman
MI- Rafael Furcal - Looking to add Ian Desmond for insurance
CI- Derrek Lee
OF- Raul Ibanez
OF- Grady Sizemore
OF- Nelson Cruz
OF- Cameron Maybin
OF- Kyle Blanks
UT- Chris Davis

SP- Cole Hamels
SP- Clayton Kershaw
SP- Matt Garza
SP- Kevin Slowey
SP- Johnny Cueto
SP- Justin Masterson

RP- Jose Valverde
RP- Leo Nunez
RP- Matt Lindstrom
RP- Ryan Madson
RP- Chris Perez
RP- Franklin Morales - Was J.P. Howell

Options:

1: Drop Masterson or any other suggestion?
2: Wait and try and trade a closer for Furcal Insurance?
3: Something else that I don't see?

Popularity, and it doesn't help that people don't help others and rely completely on me. 1. You can drop Masterson if you like, but you need a starter there, so I'm not sure what options you have. 2. There's no reason to do this if you're just going to bench the guy you get or Furcal.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:11 pm 

Thanks Grey.

I was ready to take advice from anyone. I wasn't in a panic or anything... so thanks. I know you are busy so I haven't bothered to post any of my teams other than this one, because I have been reading your stuff for 2 or 3 years now and I know pretty much what you are going to say.

I posted here because:

1: It doesn't make a mess of the comments section in your posts.
2: I can keep coming back to it and not have to re-post my team
3: Anyone can comment

Anyway, you confirmed my thoughts. I'll try to be more concise so when you do have a chance to look at this stuff so you don't have to answer the question multiple times.

After years of playing for "fun". I am in two leagues that are actually playing for money. One of them with Tony (whom I plan to beat). This team isn't one of them, so if I lose Desmond, no harm if he puts together a good season.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:17 pm 

Yeah, I prefer to see the teams and the forums work for that. Much easier to see what the entire team looks like when answering trade questions.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.