It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: RCL - Restore the Roar
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:06 pm 

Had our draft Sunday evening, thought I would post the results (I am not the league manager) to get feedback from the huddled masses.

Yes, my team name is Easton Fection. May change it yet, pretty un-original, I know.

This was not like last years draft in the Latin 9. Somethings that surprised me.

Mauer in the 1st round, 12th overall.

Howard 15th overall.

That I got Sizemore 26th overall, Morneau at 47th pick and Cueto at 239. Also if I new Soto would be around in Rd 21, I would have passed on Napoli in 11.

That Dharma drafted pitchers in each of the 1st 7 rounds and his first hitter in the 8TH round was Jason Heyward. Then proceeded to draft 2 more closers in the next 3 rounds one being Nathan. (He autopicked, so this had to be done intentionally in the autodraft settings)

Other surprises:
Anderson in the 9th, Webb 10th, Borbon 11th, Escobar 12th.

What are others thoughts? Grey, we may have a few non-believers in the house.

Post subject: Re: RCL - Restore the Roar
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:34 pm 

A few non-believers of what? I like Dharma's name the best. You team looks light on speed, looks like you lost your way around pick 191, your pitching looks fine. Though it's really hard for me to look at teams this way. Just post your team if you want me to look at it.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:00 pm 

I tend to end up light on speed all the time as I gravitate toward the HR hitters and I seem to always be able to find SB's later.

Knew you wouldn't like Furcal. Wasn't going to draft him, but Escobar was gone and some reports that I have read about him is that he is finally healthy. So I gambled. Not a Lopez fan either, prolly should have waited for Johnson, but I figured all he needs to do is get on base and Pujols and company should bring him home.

Re: the believers comment... all I meant is that not everyone who reads Razzball is drinking Grey's cool-aid. And that's cool, we all have our own minds, thoughts and biases.

Re: Dharma, cool name (if you're are a LOST fan), very interesting strategy.

Wasn't looking for specific feedback on my team, but thanks anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:06 pm 

Another interesting note is that Russell Martin is 94% owned in ESPN leagues and went undrafted here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:08 pm 

You're the 6-Percenters!

I'd hope Martin went undrafted.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:02 pm 

SS- Hanley Ramirez
3B- Ryan Zimmerman
OF- Grady Sizemore
1B- Justin Morneau
OF- Nelson Cruz
SP- Cole Hamels
SP- Clayton Kershaw
SP- Matt Garza
1B- Derrek Lee
OF- Raul Ibanez
C- Mike Napoli
UT- Chris Davis
RP- Jose Valverde
SP- Kevin Slowey
RP- Leo Nunez
MI- Rafael Furcal
OF- Cameron Maybin
2B- Felipe Lopez
OF- Kyle Blanks
SP- Johnny Cueto
RP- Matt Lindstrom
RP- Ryan Madson
SP- Justin Masterson
RP- J.P. Howell
RP- Chris Perez

So, I dropped Howell for Franklin Morales.
Today, I dropped Lopez for Sean Rodriguez. A risk but, there are a few 2B that are still out there.

If ESPN had 2B eligibility on Desmond, I would have grabbed him there.

Would you drop anyone here for Desmond for Furcal Insurance? Masterson?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:12 pm 

I'd lose Howell for Desmond.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:25 pm 

I already dropped Howell for Franklin Morales a week or so ago. I should have made that more clear. Sorry about that.

All my RP's have closing gigs now.

Or should I just stand pat and try and move a closer for an upgrade at MI after the season begins?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:33 pm 

Yeah, there's hundreds of teams I look at, if the team's not as it actually is, I get confused. So if you have closers that have jobs then hold them. Upgrade at MI over who? Sorry it's late and lots of questions coming in.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:53 pm 

Razzball popularity is experiencing exponential growth I see.

Let's try it this way.

C- Mike Napoli
1B- Justin Morneau
2B- Sean Rodriguez - Was Felipe Lopez
SS- Hanley Ramirez
3B- Ryan Zimmerman
MI- Rafael Furcal - Looking to add Ian Desmond for insurance
CI- Derrek Lee
OF- Raul Ibanez
OF- Grady Sizemore
OF- Nelson Cruz
OF- Cameron Maybin
OF- Kyle Blanks
UT- Chris Davis

SP- Cole Hamels
SP- Clayton Kershaw
SP- Matt Garza
SP- Kevin Slowey
SP- Johnny Cueto
SP- Justin Masterson

RP- Jose Valverde
RP- Leo Nunez
RP- Matt Lindstrom
RP- Ryan Madson
RP- Chris Perez
RP- Franklin Morales - Was J.P. Howell

Options:

1: Drop Masterson or any other suggestion?
2: Wait and try and trade a closer for Furcal Insurance?
3: Something else that I don't see?