All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Frankenheart
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:29 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

From Rotoworld:
Quote:
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that the Braves will recall Jeff Francoeur from Double-A Mississippi prior to Monday night's game.

Well, that was quick. Francoeur went 7-for-13 in three games for Mississippi with a triple and two RBI. The Braves said they would send him to the minors for "less than 20 days," but with Omar Infante out Francoeur will rejoin the Atlanta outfield. He's been dropped in almost half of all leagues, so it's worth making sure he's not available in case the minor league stint cured what was ailing him. Jul. 7 - 1:17 pm et

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:42 am 

Great heads up. Thanks.

This makes no sense. Was this just to embarrass him? Really bizarre decision.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:05 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Grey wrote:
This makes no sense. Was this just to embarrass him? Really bizarre decision.

I don't get it, either. I fully expected them to leave him there until after the ASB. My expectations aren't high, but you've still got to keep your eye on him in leagues where he's been dropped.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:13 am 

I dropped him in one deep league and I don't really want him back. How is everything right with him now? Can't be.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:48 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

I agree. Duderino had 4 hits in his last 41 ABs (along w/ 1 R, 0 RBI, and 11 SOs). I'd say that was Michael Bourn territory, but Bourn's had a whopping 7 hits in that time. I'd also point out that Bourn's had twice as many RBI as Francoeur since 6/20, but 2 x 0 = 0.

I'd like to think that he'll turn it around, but I don't want to start sounding like a Hafner apologist. ("he's GOT to be better than this - I mean, he's only in his 30s and has hit more than 30 HR twice!")

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:48 pm 

"Only two good seasons" rule strikes again.