Sponsor

Uhhhh,

That's about to be InBev Gardens, Grey.

What a shame.

10 team Roto

Post subject: Re: Razzball Commenters League Week in Review, Vol. 2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:35 am 

Really? That's lame.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:50 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

The Bar is offered nationwide at the end of July and the end of February. Its set up so that everybody takes one half at the same time because that half is the same across the country. Its such a big deal they have all sorts of crazy cheating going on so making people do it on the same day somewhat alleviates that. The best stories are the people puking and crying in the bathroom because they can't handle it. They actually told us in the bar review courses not to go to the bathroom if you can help it because the people in there will disturb you enough that even if you weren't stressing the test you will be when you come out. Last year here in Florida they had to physically drag a kid out of the room kicking and screaming because he refused to leave after they caught him cheating somehow. Thats a huge deal because they report it to the Bar Authority in the state and your chances of getting admitted anywhere are about zero-to-none afterwards.

Its a lot of work but I'm not too worried about. Put in your time in the library for 8 hours and then go home and drink beer while watching baseball. Thats how p0rk rolls . . .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:35 am 

I don't know why I would be amazed at people trying to cheat on something so big but I am. I also know it is really expensive to take and so comprehensive there is no way cheating could make that big of a difference. Ah well, some stupid people out there. Kind of like trying to build a team in the RCL off the free agent market.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:58 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Jay Bruce- Sonavabench!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:04 am 

You'll be fine, P0rk. Just write the answers inside your eye patch a'la Spies Like Us.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:10 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Good luck P0rk.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:08 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
Hmmm.... IowaCubs, you name your team after Rod Beck then you bury them? How dare you, sir? Pull it together, man.

It's painful, dude. I've been a part of probably 25 or so drafts in my FBB career, and this was by far my worst effort. I was totally out of my normal gameplan of a balanced team (which usually is drafting three position players, then two pitchers, then three position players, then one pitcher, then two, then one and so on) and I took a risk on drafting potentially dominating pitching early to my peril. I ended up with the worst of both worlds.

P.S. Rodd's already kicked me out of the trailer.

Active Batters
Castro, Jason(C) HOU
Goldschmidt, Paul(1B) ARI
Carpenter, Matt(2B) STL
Longoria, Evan(3B) TB
Zobrist, Ben(,SS) TB
Profar, Jurickson(MI) TEX
Rodriguez, Alex(CI) NYY
Davis, Rajai(OF) TOR
Jones, Adam(OF) BAL
Trout, Mike(OF) LAA
Young, Eric(OF) NYM
Bogaerts, Xander(UT) BOS

Buxton, Byron(OF) MIN
Stanton, Giancarlo(OF) MIA

Active Pitchers
Corbin, Patrick(SP) ARI
Gonzalez, Gio(SP) WAS
Latos, Mat(SP) CIN
Liriano, Francisco(SP) PIT
Minor, Mike(SP) ATL
Benoit, Joaquin(RP) DET
Mujica, Edward(RP) STL

Burnett, A.J.(SP) PIT
Samardzija, Jeff(SP) CHC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:12 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

p0rk burn wrote:
The Bar is offered nationwide at the end of July and the end of February. Its set up so that everybody takes one half at the same time because that half is the same across the country. Its such a big deal they have all sorts of crazy cheating going on so making people do it on the same day somewhat alleviates that. The best stories are the people puking and crying in the bathroom because they can't handle it. They actually told us in the bar review courses not to go to the bathroom if you can help it because the people in there will disturb you enough that even if you weren't stressing the test you will be when you come out. Last year here in Florida they had to physically drag a kid out of the room kicking and screaming because he refused to leave after they caught him cheating somehow. Thats a huge deal because they report it to the Bar Authority in the state and your chances of getting admitted anywhere are about zero-to-none afterwards.

Its a lot of work but I'm not too worried about. Put in your time in the library for 8 hours and then go home and drink beer while watching baseball. Thats how p0rk rolls . . .

My cousin who lives near San Jose, said that while she was taking her exam, a guy had a heart attack and everyone just kept taking the test except for two EMT's who were taking the test as well. They called an ambulence, saved the guys' life, and went back to finishing their test.

You lawyers are all the same in fantasy baseball, too.

Active Batters
Castro, Jason(C) HOU
Carpenter, Matt(2B) STL
Longoria, Evan(3B) TB
Zobrist, Ben(,SS) TB
Rodriguez, Alex(CI) NYY
Davis, Rajai(OF) TOR
Jones, Adam(OF) BAL
Trout, Mike(OF) LAA
Young, Eric(OF) NYM
Bogaerts, Xander(UT) BOS

Buxton, Byron(OF) MIN
Stanton, Giancarlo(OF) MIA

Active Pitchers
Corbin, Patrick(SP) ARI
Gonzalez, Gio(SP) WAS
Latos, Mat(SP) CIN
Liriano, Francisco(SP) PIT
Minor, Mike(SP) ATL
Benoit, Joaquin(RP) DET
Mujica, Edward(RP) STL

Burnett, A.J.(SP) PIT
Samardzija, Jeff(SP) CHC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:17 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
You'll be fine, P0rk. Just write the answers inside your eye patch a'la Spies Like Us.

My third favorite move. I'll bet this explains a lot about me.

"Doctor. Doctor. Doctor. Doctor. Doctor. Doctor. Doctor. Doctor."

Quote:
Oh. Uh, will you hold my wallet for me while I take the test, please? There's a thousand dollars in there... or maybe there isn't. Know what I mean?

Active Batters
Castro, Jason(C) HOU
Carpenter, Matt(2B) STL
Longoria, Evan(3B) TB
Zobrist, Ben(,SS) TB
Rodriguez, Alex(CI) NYY
Davis, Rajai(OF) TOR
Jones, Adam(OF) BAL
Trout, Mike(OF) LAA
Young, Eric(OF) NYM