It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Chris Iannetta or Chris Snyder?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:52 pm 

Which Chris do you like better the rest of the way? Does Ianetta play enough to warrant dropping Snyder?

Post subject: Re: Chris Iannetta or Chris Snyder?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:01 pm 

OPSRex wrote:
Does Ianetta play enough to warrant dropping Snyder?
I think so.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:05 pm 

What is Iannetta's upside?

I think he's probably going to hit for higher average than Snyder, but does Iannetta have 20 homerun power?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:51 pm 

He could get to 15. What's Snyder's upside? A .240 average with 15?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:46 am 

On one hand, Clint Hurdle refuses to give Iannetta a chance to really own the starting catching slot. CBSSportsline said a couple of weeks back (even now) that Iannetta has the starting catching spot, because he was starting more games. Uh, yeah, but Yorvit was also suspended during that time. If you factor that out, then Iannetta started about 50% of the games in June. I don't see him behind plate for more than 55-60% the second half. Clint has a man-crush on Yorvit. And with a name like Yorvit, what man wouldn't?

On the other hand, if Iannetta gets 55-60% of the starts during the second half, and assuming there's not much upside with Snyder (which I believe is a fair assumption), I'd predict an improvement in every category - Iannetta should give you a more runs, homers and potentially even RBIs (compare RISP head-to-head for these guys), since he has seen a greater number of at bats higher up in the batting order. I also think that the Rockies are due for a second half offensive surge now that shortstop and second base seem to be firmed up with Tulowitzki and Barmes back from the DL.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:23 pm 

I picked him up myself.

1st game, 0 for 4.

Not been having much luck with lineup decisions lately.

Should've stuck with Pierzynski tonite. I thought Banks was due for a bad outing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:31 pm 

Keep the faith. I'm sticking with him too.

----------------------------------

Edited after checking sportsline:
"Arizona catcher Chris Snyder has been placed on the 15-day DL with a left testicular fracture. Snyder left Monday night's game after being hit in the groin area by a foul tip and underwent an MRI on Tuesday. The club put him on the DL about an hour before Tuesday night's game against Milwaukee."

I hope he wasn't worried about playing before he got the word on Tuesday.

That really IS a foul tip.

Man.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:07 am 

Jockular Sphincteritis strikes again! This one sounded so painful that I added Snyder to the term...

from the Razzball Glossary (http://razzball.com/fantasy-baseball-terms/)

Jockular Sphincteritis - Any injury from sack to back that initiates laughing and wincing at the same time. See Chris Snyder’s testicular fracture, Kaz Matsui’s anal fissures, Carlos Guillen’s raging hemorrhoids, Felix Pie’s testicular torsion. (assist to KarlJ)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:55 am 

I dropped Snyder for Iannetta after Snyder's injury, but I didn't know what the problem was when I made the move. Ouch.

also own Kaz Matsui, maybe I should change my team name to "A Pain In The ________

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:36 pm 

So last night I dropped Iannetta for Barmes, and literally minutes later Iannetta goes deep and ends up driving in 4. Then tonight it's a 2 run jack, and Barmes doesn't even play. There's no way he sneaks thru waivers now.

I suck at this so bad. LOL.

Another crappy night at the bat. 5 hits, 3 of which came from 1 guy, and 0 RBI.