It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: RB situation
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:12 pm 

Hey guys
I just had a quick question for you guys about my football team.
It looks like i've made a mistake drafting Derick ward as my #3 RB behind LT and Jonathan Stewart (who doesnt sound to stable himself).

I was lucky enough to pik up Cadilac Williams though. Who should i start week 1? Its a 12 team H2H league and there r 2 RB and 1 Flex spot. I'm leaning towards LT Stewart Ward or should somebody like Hester/Hixon/Henry or even Cad Williams replace Ward?

What do you guys think?
thanks

Team Canada

Post subject: Re: RB situation
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:57 pm 

Ouch. Is Mike Bell still available? If so, run -- don't walk -- to pick him up and insert him in your lineup.

Stewart, Caddy, Ware? brutal decision and definitely no clear decision out of the mix. If it were me I would put Caddy as my RB2 and start Hester as my flex... yet I probably be prepared to start the season 0-1. Sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:17 pm 

haha yah im kinda worried about this first week
ima have to hope that my WR combination of Andre, Marques and Marshall can hold down the fort for week 1

ran and checked to see, bell wasnt still there pierre thomass owned picked him up as soon as he heart that thomas might now play

the one thing im worried about now is ive read that tampa is gonna be splitting the carries 2-2-1....so like using either caddie or ward is very risky....

from your last comment i assume i feel that caddy will be the better of the 1 in week one just cause hes in the #1 spot in the depth chart.....

thanks for the advice thou
if u guys got anything else that u think might help
jsut let me know

thanks thanks

Team Canada

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:57 pm 

Caddy's got the talent (I believe he was a 1st rounder after all). It looks like he is over his knee injuries, yet the problem with a three-headed monster that hasn't been in battle yet is we have no idea which head is going to be the dominant one (I know that sounds so, so wrong). Caddy's my best bet yet it really is a crap shoot between him and Ward.

I like Caddy over Jonathan as Stewart simply hasn't practiced during the preseason. I suspect the team slowly brings him back on board (he is, after all, the backup to DeAngelo).

No good or clear answers. Stewart might bust out with 100 yards and a score and Dallas might stuff the Bucs fledging offense. One could make a solid argument in any direction in this debate quite honestly.