It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Soria to waivers
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:56 pm 

I am thinking I should drop Ryan for Soria to round out my closing core of Pap, Rauch, and Saito. Yes!?

Post subject: Re: Soria to waivers
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:59 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

I definitely would. Soria's still not a huge name, but he's currently among the best closers in baseball.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:21 pm 

Absolutely, although i may drop Rauch instead of Ryan.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:49 pm 

Looking at my league I decided to wait to see if he goes through waivers. Right now my biggest competition in the league are all lined up behind me in the waiver wire so I would rather not give up that position just to shore up a closer since I don't "need" him right now. So tomorrow morning I either have him while maintaining my position or he goes elsewhere and I maintain my position. I consider waiver position to be more valuable this time of year.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:10 am 

So waited and he was a free agent. So now I have a pitching core of Bedard, Cueto, Harden, Hudson, and Lincecum for starters and Papelbon, Rauch, Saito, and Soria for closers. Can I switch this pitching core over to the RCL?
-I decided to drop Ryan rather than Rauch due to one of BVV's post on the blog as well as the number of strikeouts Rauch has been throwing over Ryan this year. More upside with less injury risk. Plus, the person who dropped Soria was offered Ryan in a trade and didn't want him. So I am confident he'll still be around if the need arises.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:01 am 

bsa wrote:
Can I switch this pitching core over to the RCL?

Something tells me Soria wouldn't have been dropped and cleared waivers in the RCL.

bsa wrote:
-I decided to drop Ryan rather than Rauch.

That was the move to make.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:29 am 

That was the move to make.[/quote]

Arigato Shihan. I told you I pay attention.
Now if I can pry away Wright and Granderson from a leaguemate?!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:35 am 

Git r done!

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.