LOGIN

Brad Peacock isn’t even ranked in the top 150 starters for CBS.  Then again they have Javier Vazquez ranked 47th overall and he retired, so there’s that.  Here’s what I said when he was traded to the A’s, “Peacock had a great season in Double- and Triple-A last year, putting up a 2.39 ERA and a 177/47 K/BB line.  The A’s basically got Gio Gonzalez back.  I’m gonna be all about Peacock in 2012 like I just woke up from a nap after drinking seven glasses of water.”  And that’s me quoting me!  I obviously thought the acquisition of Peacock by Pitt was a great get.  I wonder if skinny Jonah Hill is as good a baseball evaluator as fat Jonah Hill.  I know he’s not as funny.  He’s not even as easy to look at.  Nothing worse than the nerd who gets the summer makeover and thinks he’s now cool.  You’re still a nerd, embrace your Jew-fro.  Don’t make me take off my mustache and smack you with it.  Peacock is done with the minors.  He has nothing left to prove, so I do think the understaffed A’s will show off their Peacock in their Opening Day rotation.  So what can we expect of Brad Peacock for 2012 fantasy baseball and what makes him a sleeper?

He has a good fastball, but when Peacock is working off the curve his balls can be all over the place.  I’m sorry, I need to pause to giggle.   Okay, back to business.  Usually Peacock gets so worked up when he’s promoted… Okay, I need to just call him “he” otherwise I’ll never get through this post.  He tends to lose control and his ratios take a hit when he’s first promoted.  I’m thinking it’s because he gets over-excited.  Hopefully, he only has these issues for the first 40 innings.  That’s how long it usually lasts.  Luckily, his home park is very forgiving.  The exciting thing about him — the Ks.  C’mon, you knew that was coming.  He had a 11+ K/9 in Double-A and a 9 K/9 in Triple-A.  If he only gives a 7+ K/9, I’m still buying.  With some command issues, but nice Ks and no wins on the A’s, I see his line at 9-8/3.60/1.30/170.  Optimistic, but completely doable.  Peacock isn’t just a command a foul-mouthed old man will shout at the urinal, he’s a great sleeper for 2012 fantasy baseball.