It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: More offense in one day than in previous week
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:15 pm 

Today had about 3 homers 16 hits and 13 RBI. If I didn't punt Pronk last night for Milledge, would have had 4 jacks. Only one guy didn't have a hit.

I guess I'll try to look at the glass half full. But this is more of an indictment of how bad the "offense" has been. Had one homer and about 15 RBI in the entire previous week.

Post subject: Re: More offense in one day than in previous week
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:41 pm 

Nice, PS.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:11 pm 

WHy couldn't Hafner do this when I had him for like 2 months on my team?

Since I dropped him on Friday: 3 games, 2 homers, 6 hits and 5 ribbies. Add that to Fox's game ysterday after I dropped him and it's a week's worth of offense for my inept team LOL.

Just picked him back up today after he cleared waivers. Looks like a sure 0 for 4 tomorrow the way things are going for me. Sit him if you got him. I don't mean to F up anyone else's team, but my other choices for UTIL are slumping Dye and Willingham, not purty. Which is to say, I have no choice.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:16 pm 

Maybe do the opposite of your first impulse?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:59 am 

I have tried that… when I do that, it still backfires--turns out my first impulse was right. It’s not always like that, but once the lady luck PMS floodgates open, I can find a $100 bill in the street and later find out that it was contaminated with swine flu virus.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:08 pm 

papasmurf wrote:

Just picked him back up today after he cleared waivers. Looks like a sure 0 for 4 tomorrow the way things are going for me. Sit him if you got him. I don't mean to F up anyone else's team, but my other choices for UTIL are slumping Dye and Willingham, not purty. Which is to say, I have no choice.

I hope anyone who read the above sat Pronk. I was not bullshitting.

And of course, I have willingham on the bench and Morales isn't even gonna play. Figures.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:48 pm 

Oh wow if I can do basic adding correctly, my team has 18 hits 5 homers and 19 RBI today, and that's from just 8 hitters.

My entire IF except C homered.

Reimold and Borbon homered from the bench as well.

Was gonna start Borbon at UTIL but then I saw the weather report before heading out for dinner and thought that the game was gonna get rained out. Had only one guy I could put at UTIL instead... Uribe. Ugly.

It won't make a difference in the standings, but it would have been nice to have Borbon in there and have a 20 RBI day. Never had that before in 10 yrs of fantasy ballin'.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:18 am 

Holycrap! I picked up Olivo for a spot start and he has a 3 run jack! Maybe my luck is finally evening out a little.

3 teams within 3 pts of first place in my league… oh man it’s coming right down to the wire.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:24 pm 

About time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:06 am 

Offense ended up 5 for 34... trade off? LOL

Was so close to picking up Kotsay on Wednesday to start for Morales who's been killing me in Sept. But didn't do it and cost myself 4 hits and 2 RBI. Can't blame luck for this one.