It is currently Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Deepest position in 2009?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:09 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Trying to figure out draft strategy for upcoming non-ppr drafts (14 team and 12) and wondered what seems to be the deepest this year to people - RB? WR? QB? etc..
I'm thinking RB and maybe if I pick last or near end in draft(s) I grab two of the best WRs first and piece together decent RB group and get new names off waivers as most years some guys come out of the blue due to injuries etc. Or maybe grab 1 WR then 1RB - i dunno yet.

Maybe RB's aren't deepest and point diff. between tiers this year means I gotsto grab best avail.

Post subject: Re: Deepest position in 2009?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:26 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I really believe WR's are deeper than RB's this year. Finding an RB who gets the majority of the carries and goalline carries is tough.

Doc Holliday: I'm your huckleberry...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:49 pm 

TE is definitely deepest. Let others pick Gonzalez (who I'm avoiding completely this year), Witten and Gates. Olsen, Daniels, Carlson will be available later and the potential drop off is not as bad as in past years.

Since the NFL is moving to the dreaded RBBC system a RB that could get 300 carries and goal line work are increasingly a scarce commodity.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:07 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Well I guess its partly because of the RBBC thing that I had doubts about grabbing RBs first. With injuires and goal-line guys, many RB's will be fairly equal. Sooo, I see a total of 7 or 8 RB's that are must's - but if I pick later than 7 or 8 I might grab WR first - then get RB's. That way I dont end up with mediocre RBs and WR's if I'm near the tail end of the order.

TE's for sure seem deep and becoming even more important league-wide, maybe because of young QB's, QB's on new teams etc. needing a big wide and tall safety blanket to check down to when hurried. I'm not sold on Shiancoe, but I have Olsen as my target if hes there when I think it supplies value. I would also roll the dice with Winslow thsi year I think - and Boss should be lights out imo.

I'm also leaning on waiting for a little later QB pick than most as I like the odds of some of the lower ADP guys providing huge value. I think Collins seems so tempting but is so old, Edwards needs to show me he can throw in bad weather but until then I'm not a believer. Sanchez and Simms for backup seem like smart plays. Flacco is not getting the respect I think he deserves. Teams will still mostly be playing the run against BAL.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:04 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Well, I don't really count TE's, but yes they are very deep and I wouldn't pick one of the top 4.

Doc Holliday: I'm your huckleberry...