It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Steven Jackson
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:45 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Doc/others - why is everyone high on this guy AGAIN? How many bad seasons/injuries do you need to show you he can't be trusted? I just don't see how he can be trusted as a top 8 or top 10 pick...not much has changed in STL.

Post subject: Re: Steven Jackson
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:54 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

It is a little crazy I know. I'm giving him one more shot because when he does play he's unstoppable. He missed 4 games last season and still had 40 receptions and a thousand yards rushing. And he finished strong so it's not like he has lingering issues. I feel like there are risks all over in picking RB's and I think SJax has more upside than most RB's. No doubt he's very risky.

Doc Holliday: I'm your huckleberry...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:43 pm 

Doc Holliday wrote:
It is a little crazy I know. I'm giving him one more shot because when he does play he's unstoppable. He missed 4 games last season and still had 40 receptions and a thousand yards rushing. And he finished strong so it's not like he has lingering issues. I feel like there are risks all over in picking RB's and I think SJax has more upside than most RB's. No doubt he's very risky.

Any RB after AD has risk involved. i have SJax 6th. He's still one of the best RBs in the league when he's on.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:10 am 

I assume by AD, you meant AP. But even AP has risk. Last year was his first full season without injury in college or pro ball. Let's look at his numbers last year. 1421 all purpose yards with 8 TD. Oh ya, that was over 12 games. (I don't like doing this, but...) translate that over 16 games, you get, 1900 yards with 11 TD. That's a pretty damn good season. Sure he has injury risk, but a lot of other players have risk as well.

Look at this way... A lot of guys are risks because of how their production could drop off (Slaton, DeAngelo, etc.) Now, would you rather have a guy that is guaranteed to put up huge fantasy points every game, but miss a couple games, OR, would you rather have a guy that is going to play every game, but may finish with a measly line of 50 yards and 0 TD. Jackson will not disappoint when he plays. For those couple games he might miss, you can sub someone in who will play well. But for guys like Slaton and DeAngelo, you're going to keep them in your line up no matter how they perform. This hurts more than having Jackson miss a few games. Not sure if that was all jibberish, but the bottom line is that I'd draft a small injury risk over someone's risk of production drop off. You know what you get with SJax, but not with the others.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:09 am 

By AD i meant AD. Since college his nickname has been All Day...or A.D.