D.Will/Slaton/Gore... who do i draft?? please help!

News, Injuries, Rosters - All football all the time!
gopherskin

D.Will/Slaton/Gore... who do i draft?? please help!

Postby gopherskin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:43 pm

12 team h2h pts league. 10rush or 10rec yards= 1 pts 2rec= 1 point (half point per catch) td=6

so i feel i will have to pick from one of these 3. DeAngelo is legit to me, but his schedule is pretty tough and j stewart looms large. slaton seems like kevin jones of 5 years ago, he cud either be top 5 or a complete bust i dont think anything in between. frank gore seems solid but a crappy qb will lead to 9 men in the box and he does get dinged up himself. also its a 2 year keeper league (this is the first year) . so please help me..who do i take?

The Peoples Champ

Re: D.Will/Slaton/Gore... who do i draft?? please help!

Postby The Peoples Champ » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:40 pm

gopherskin wrote:12 team h2h pts league. 10rush or 10rec yards= 1 pts 2rec= 1 point (half point per catch) td=6

so i feel i will have to pick from one of these 3. DeAngelo is legit to me, but his schedule is pretty tough and j stewart looms large. slaton seems like kevin jones of 5 years ago, he cud either be top 5 or a complete bust i dont think anything in between. frank gore seems solid but a crappy qb will lead to 9 men in the box and he does get dinged up himself. also its a 2 year keeper league (this is the first year) . so please help me..who do i take?

Gore/Slaton are a toss up IMO. Slaton higher risk, higher reward. With a 1st round pick, i'd rather go the safe route, but that's just me. DeAngelo could have even higher risk than both Gore and Slaton...and there's no way he duplicates last season's numbers. I would have a very hard time using a 1st round pick on him.

marcheese

Postby marcheese » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:02 am

A lot of people aren't sold on DeAngelo (including myself), but there are a ton of reports about Jonathan Stewart's lingering injuries. If you ask me, this opens the door more for DeAngelo, once he receives more touches. I mean, you're not drafting him for the numbers he put up last year. You're drafting him around where players like Slaton and Gore get drafted. Will he put up similar numbers to Slaton and Gore by seasons end? It's a possibility. Will he put up better numbers than those two? I could see it happening... If you draft DeAngelo, he most likely won't disappoint. I'd probably go Gore/DeAngelo/Slaton - in that order.

Doc Holliday
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Doc Holliday » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:00 am

I like DeAngelo, but I think all three are good picks. Slaton and Gore are going to be a little safer because of use, but I like DeAngelo's upside the most.
Johnny Ringo: All right, 'lunger'. Let's do it.
Doc Holliday: Say when.

Doc Holliday: I'm your huckleberry...

Return to “Football - General Player Discussion”