LOGIN

Master Standings are here. They’ve been updated through Sunday, September 25

With just 3 days left in the season, Random Italicized Voice (RCL 5) is coasting to the title. They lost a point off their lead this week, but still hold a 5-point edge. Better Lucky Than Good (Partially Torn RCL) continues to hold onto 2nd place, but Nuclear Porcupines (RCL 3) has been charging and now sits in 3rd, 2 points back with 112 points. Since the All Star break, the Porcupines have gained 32 points. (Oh The Humanity (RCL 17) had 46 points at the break. They changed their name to Lucky Strikes, and now have 90 points!)

Four teams have 110 points – Team Beefcake (Too Drunk to Call a Cabrera), Oakland Oaks (Matthew Berry is a Tool), Buchz and Dunn (Too Drunk to Call a Cabrera), Big Z’s Anger Management (RCL 33) – and another 10 have 105 or more, so there could still be a lot of movement in the battle to finish in the top 10.

Besides the battle in Too Drunk to Call a Cabrera, several leagues are too tight to call. There is a tie for 1st in The Beer League. Lincecum in my Posey and Prague Defenestrators each have 98 points, while the Dukes of Flatbush are just 1.5 back. Can Of Corn and Catchup and Fryman are tied atop RCL 25.

In Puff Puff Give, Pickled Mustache Rides moved back into first Sunday, half a point ahead of Grizzly Manholes. RCL Is My Anti Drug is another 3 points behind. In the toughest league around, the ECFBL, THE VILLE AL KOHOLIC A lead 2nd place Retro Vertigo by 2 points. Tennessee Jed is 2.5 up on Boston Peter Gammons in RCL 30. NYC Matthole trails My Little Colby by 2.5 in Ones are GOOD right?

The seesaw battle in RCL 6 currently has My Gut is Latos Intolerant 2 ahead of Louisville Bats. The Seattle SilverBacks caught The AmishGangster yesterday in Epic Beardmen Division. They are now tied for the lead, while Army of Llamas is only 3 back.

In The Dread Pirate Rides Again, That’s a Shame has been in a dogfight with THE FIELD, but now have a 5-point cushion. RCL 7, RCL 22, RCL 34, Patrons of Poonhoundery, and More Donkeycorns Please also have margins of 5 or less between 1st and 2nd place.

I will update these races daily, so check the RCL forums for the latest.

Several teams have been maximizing their pitching numbers by using 8 or 9 starters as they near the 180 games started limit. All stats count on the day you reach the limit, so if you sit at 179 and start the maximum 9, it is possible to actually get 188 starts for the season.

Afghanistan Buzkashi (RCL 7) put up some great numbers on Friday, recording 46 strikeouts with a 2.15 ERA and 0.79 WHIP. They were only rewarded with 2 wins though. Yesterday, my Toronto Bautistas (RCL 5) scored an unlikely 7 wins, with 37 Ks and an ERA of 2.73 and 1.14 WHIP. Who said chasing wins is a losing proposition? (Grey Albright, August 22, 2011). In case you didn’t know, wins are fluky. (Grey Albright, February 7, 2011). But, it’s the end of the season, and you might as well take your shot.

I expect more teams will be rolling out the starters in the next 3 days, and I will be highlighting their efforts in the forums.  Have fun the last 3 days, then rest a couple days, then start preparing for 2012! Only 190 days til opening day!