LOGIN

Who’s a 2009 NL Rookie of Year candidate? Who’s a 22-year-old Phillies rookie who should be owned in keeper leagues already? Who won The Pickup Artist and how? Wait, that last one was off topic, but to answer, Carlos Carrasco, Carlos Carrasco, Simeon with negs and DHV spiking. Yes, saying these things about Carlos Carrasco is high praise. Lumping him in with a pregunta about The Pickup Artist is the ultimate. So why all the hype about Carrasco? Can he help your fantasy baseball team in 2009?

Um, dur. Yeah, of course. What was I just saying?  He’s the real deal. The butter on your biscuit, the mustard on your hot dog, the donkadonk on your badonkadonk. He’s wrestled with an average WHIP but he has a nice K:BB and doesn’t give up many home runs. In the last year, he improved his walk rate… Oh my, I almost put myself to sleep. Let’s say this, Carrasco can be a difference maker in 2009 like Volquez was in 2008. The real hangup, will he be pitching in Lehigh Valley or Philly in 2009?

The Phils promoted Kyle Kendrick from Double-A last year and he was hardly a doughy bagel. Pursue Carlos Carrasco in your 2009 fantasy drafts. All of them. Hold on, I’m bring out the caps — ALL OF THEM. Now don’t make go get the exclamation mark. If Carrasco doesn’t make the club out of spring training, he’ll soon be there and will make an impact. If he does make the team but only as a long man out of the bullpen, he will soon be starting. Don’t worry about what the Phils will be saying out of spring training. Remember Evan Longoria in 2008. In March, the Rays said they wouldn’t bring him up just yet. Then he won the Rookie of the Year. (And I’m not talking about a DVD of that bad Gary Busey movie.)