It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Deadbeats...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

So, this is probably in the wrong location for this post, but what is the etiquette for dealing with owners who have clearly abandoned their teams? My 20 team h2h league has a team that has not made a move all season and is rostering Schilling, Jerry Owens, Steven Shell, and Brett Wallace. The team is in 20th. The team in 19th place is not much better (and has also not made any moves).

Funny thing, though... the 10th place team has not made one move all year (or ever replied to my emails or trade offers), so I am hesitant to just get rid of the 19th and 20th teams... the 10th place team has had plenty of reasons to make some moves (Jacque Jones???) but has gotten extremely lucky with the lineup they apparently set at the start of the season (it includes Mauer, Berkman, Jeter, A. Gonz, Werth, Lind, Bourn, Tejada).

The whole thing is screwed up because 20 team h2h leagues don't allow for an even amount of matchups, so one of the teams that is not facing either of the 19th and 20th place teams twice is up in arms about the unfairness of it all.

Every other owner has been active.

So... what's the protocol?

Please advise.

This is a yahoo league, if that makes any difference as to the plausible repairs.

Thanks.

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

Post subject: Re: Deadbeats...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:36 pm 

royce! wrote:
So, this is probably in the wrong location for this post, but what is the etiquette for dealing with owners who have clearly abandoned their teams? My 20 team h2h league has a team that has not made a move all season and is rostering Schilling, Jerry Owens, Steven Shell, and Brett Wallace. The team is in 20th. The team in 19th place is not much better (and has also not made any moves).

Funny thing, though... the 10th place team has not made one move all year (or ever replied to my emails or trade offers), so I am hesitant to just get rid of the 19th and 20th teams... the 10th place team has had plenty of reasons to make some moves (Jacque Jones???) but has gotten extremely lucky with the lineup they apparently set at the start of the season (it includes Mauer, Berkman, Jeter, A. Gonz, Werth, Lind, Bourn, Tejada).

The whole thing is screwed up because 20 team h2h leagues don't allow for an even amount of matchups, so one of the teams that is not facing either of the 19th and 20th place teams twice is up in arms about the unfairness of it all.

Every other owner has been active.

So... what's the protocol?

Please advise.

This is a yahoo league, if that makes any difference as to the plausible repairs.

Thanks.

In the future, you have to find a league with people you know so this sorta thing doesn't happen. You can't do anything about it now. If they weren't strangers you could email them personally and tell them to do something, but that doesn't sound like the case. Fantasy baseball, straining friendships since the 80s.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:04 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. I told the commissioner, who asked for my advice on the issue after one of the teams that is not set to face the deadbeat teams twice complained, that it would be unfair to change anything because we could not identify who would benefit from deadbeat teams at the beginning of the year (ie, who the deadbeats would be), but we can clearly identify who would benefit (and who would not) from a reshuffling half way through the year (most likely to benefit: the owner who complained! whaddya know?!).

Anyhow, thanks for the advice. I'm hoping the commissioner, who brought all of us together, actually knows these dudes so he can get them to drop guys like Schilling. Amazingly, there are still decent options on the wire.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:52 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

It seems like every yahoo league ends up with a deadbeat or two in it and it drives me insane. Why would you waste the time to draft a team if you aren't even going to play. It's even more appalling when said deadbeat gets a top five pick and ends up with valuable players rotting away.

Being an inactive owner is the worst kind of douchery, up there with littering and kicking kittens. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

1B- Goldy
2B- Ever-Cab
3B- Longoris
SS- Tulo
OF-(start 3) Braun, C. Davis, Kemp, Marte, Cuddyer
UTIL- Votto, one of the above OF
Bench- 1 spot for a hot-schmotato

SP- Greinke, Latos, M. Moore, Medlen, Iwakuma, Hamels, Gausman, E. Ramirez, H. Bailey, T. Walker, J. Tallion, M. Pineda, I. Nova
RP- A. Reed, R. Soriano, G. Holland, Balfour, D. Smyly
DL- B. Beachy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:30 pm