LOGIN

The other day I looked at the pitchers that were getting lucky for fantasy baseball.  Today, we hold that up to the mirror and see how the other half lives.  You know, the losers that should be winners.  The Jon Cryer’s of the world.  Or is he just a loser?  How about these guys are the Ronald Miller’s?  They’re going to go from total geek to total chic.  These pitchers are either not leaving men on base at a normal rate and/or they’re giving up hits like there’s 7 Pat Burrells fielding behind them.  They couldn’t get lucky with a bottle of Rumplemintz and Lindsay Lohan.  But that could all change.  Anyway, here’s a list of pitchers with the biggest difference between their xFIP and their ERA. (If your guy is on the list, it’s a good sign.  Some would even say you could go out and trade for some of these guys, you educated fantasy baseball owner you!)

Ryan Dempster – 3.52. His ERA is 7.20.  Honestly, it can’t get worse.

Matt Garza – 2.03.  Buy Garza!  Matt Garza.  The guy in the front of this blurb.  Immediately.  He has a 2.14 xFIP.  A K-rate of 11.78.  After his next start, it may be too late to buy him.  Go.  Now.  This post will be here when you return.

Travis Wood – 1.78.  I kinda love Wood, um… *blushes*  His buy low window is rapidly closing.

Francisco Liriano – 1.58. But his xFIP is 5.49 and his K-rate is abysmal, which is only topped by his egregious walk rate.  Nothing’s changed from when Rudy said you should try and sell him last week after his no-hitter.

Chris Narveson – 1.35.  His K/9 of 8.54 is purdy and his 3.03 xFIP is nothing to sneeze at unless you’re allergic to those sorta of things.

Ervin Santana – 1.32.  Another guy whose K-rate looks solid to go along with a solid walk rate.  Before too long, we may see magic from Ervin.

Yovani Gallardo – 1.21.  Seriously, every pitcher I own has been unlucky.  Been a really tough first month-plus for the stache.  Gallardo should get 3.75 ERA by year’s end.  And by ‘year’s end’ I mean, hopefully by next month.

Daniel Hudson – 1.14.  I’ve been pushing people to be patient with Hudson, now you see the why.

Madison Bumgarner – 0.72.  His innings last year still concern me, but he’s pitching well.  Well, better than it appears.

Edwin Jackson – 0.70.  Crazy how unlucky my pitchers have been to start the year.  Not crazy good but crazy like I want to stick my head in a oven.