It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: This week in Starting Pitching
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:59 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I've got a couple of scary matchups. First up tomorrow night is Gil Meche. Should he be played. Papers here say it is a "Little bit of a dead arm issue". No word yet on whether it is actually a full blown dead arm issue.

Second questions is Scott Kazmir. Saw the highlights and he looked alright last weekend. Only problem is he is at texas. In the sweet summer sun. Also I have David Price who would be doing the same thing saturday night. Would you play either of them?

I also picked up Gaudin earlier in the week. He was great for me on sunday, but he still makes me nervous. At PETCO on friday against LA Dodgers. I've heard they are good. Start Gaudin?

So would you start Meche, Kazmir, Price or Gaudin this week?

SS- I. Desmond
3B- A. Rodriguez
OF- J. Bruce
OF- C. Gonzalez
OF- J. Damon
UTIL- M. Texiera
UTIL- J. Smoak
Bench- P. Bourjos, M. Cuddyer

SP- J. Johnson, M. Garza, C. Billingsly, M. Scherzer, J. Masterson, JDLR, E. Volquez

RP- A. Chapman, C. Perez, J. Contrearas (DL), J. Axford, S. Santos, M. Melancon

Post subject: Re: This week in Starting Pitching
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:01 pm 

nostrathomas wrote:
I've got a couple of scary matchups. First up tomorrow night is Gil Meche. Should he be played. Papers here say it is a "Little bit of a dead arm issue". No word yet on whether it is actually a full blown dead arm issue.

Second questions is Scott Kazmir. Saw the highlights and he looked alright last weekend. Only problem is he is at texas. In the sweet summer sun. Also I have David Price who would be doing the same thing saturday night. Would you play either of them?

I also picked up Gaudin earlier in the week. He was great for me on sunday, but he still makes me nervous. At PETCO on friday against LA Dodgers. I've heard they are good. Start Gaudin?

So would you start Meche, Kazmir, Price or Gaudin this week?

I wouldn't start Meche. Wouldn't start Kaz or Price at Texas. I'd start Gaudin.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:16 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

What is this world coming to? I agree. I guess I'm gonna have to watch my innings this week. I've got Gallardo and Verlander tomorrow night. Buerhle vs KC Thursday. and Slowey Vs. Detroit friday. Those are all good right? I thought twice about slowey but he is 8-0 at home

SS- I. Desmond
3B- A. Rodriguez
OF- J. Bruce
OF- C. Gonzalez
OF- J. Damon
UTIL- M. Texiera
UTIL- J. Smoak
Bench- P. Bourjos, M. Cuddyer

SP- J. Johnson, M. Garza, C. Billingsly, M. Scherzer, J. Masterson, JDLR, E. Volquez

RP- A. Chapman, C. Perez, J. Contrearas (DL), J. Axford, S. Santos, M. Melancon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:29 pm 

Slowey'll will be a day of decision. He's suffering a bit from some hip shizz.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.