LOGIN

Now’s the time when we put all of our 2011 baseball predictions in one place.  Then in October we can look back at this and laugh.  Oh, and we will laugh.  Big, bellowing, seat of your pants laughs.  Hindsight is indeed 20/20.  But where’s the harm in setting ourselves to look like jackasses?  We run a fantasy baseball blog, after all.  Grey’s picks in RED.  Rudy’s picks in BLUE.  Anyway, here’s our predictions for baseball’s post-season awards and whatnot:

AL Pennant WinnerDetroit Tigers – The Yankees would’ve been the easy choice here, but I’m a small market kind of guy. Some would call me a hero.  Who?  I’m not sure, friend.

AL Pennant WinnerBoston Red Sox – If they can win 90+ games with last year’s injuries + Beckett/Lackey sucking, I think they can win the pennant with a little more luck + A-Gonz + Crawford.

NL Pennant WinnerMilwaukee Brewers – Just think how exciting a Milwaukee-Detroit series will be.  The Cheese vs. The G’s.

NL Pennant WinnerCincinnati Reds – Spring training wasn’t kind to the Reds pitching staff (Arroyo – who you been kissin?) but this team has solid depth (including a stocked farm system).

World Series ChampionBrewers – It’s game seven and the Tigers are up by 6 runs in the bottom of the 9th.  But when they take the field, Miggy is nowhere to be found.  Speculation says he’s in the locker room already spraying himself with champagne.  Then the Brewers mount a huge comeback and Prince Fielder accidentally crushes Bud Selig in a pile on.  We can dream, can’t we?

World Series ChampionRed Sox – I hope Grey is right.

AL ROYJeremy Hellickson – I almost put Micheal Pineda, but I figured it was more practical to put Hellickson then talk about how I almost put Pineda.

AL ROYMike Moustakas – It may be late May before he comes up but he’ll put up enough stats to both warrant the Rookie of the Year as well as be overrated in fantasy baseball (pro-rated 23 HRs with .270 AVG).

NL ROYFreddie Freeman – It’s going to be one of those years where someone wins it then everyone forgets about him the next day.  Angel Berroa sends his condolences.

NL ROYBrandon Belt – A belt is the perfect sadomasochistic complement to the SF Gimp.  If only he was a pitcher so we can talk about his WHIP.

AL Cy YoungJon Lester – Know who I picked last year?  F-Her.  *smugly rubbing knuckles on shirt*

AL Cy YoungJustin Verlander – I seem to pick him every year.  Why change now?

NL Cy YoungClayton Kershaw – His team can get him Wins, he can get Ks and his home park doesn’t hurt.  Plus, he pitches against the Padres and Giants every third game.  Yes, I went with him last year.  Yes, I’m going with him again.

NL Cy YoungYovani Gallardo – No one wants to vote for a Phillie pitcher.  I like Kershaw but, for some reason, I think Gallardo finally puts it together.  Maybe it’s just wishful thinking because we have him in NL LABR (and got out-bid for Kershaw).

AL MVPMiguel Cabrera – From drunkard threatening death on shot girls at local bars to hero, Swiggy carries home the trophy and the championship.

AL MVPEvan Longoria – If only because writers will be scared of angering an AK-47 owner.

NL MVPRyan Braun – Prince Fielder threatened to split the votes, but when it was explained a vote split is nothing like a banana split, he passed.

NL MVPAlbert Pujols – They gave it to Votto last year just because it gets monotonous to give it to Albert every year.  I think this year is his last one though.

Now put your picks in the comments and we’ll look back on this in October and mock each other.