Middle Relievers

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
knighttown
Sponsor
Sponsor

Middle Relievers

Postby knighttown » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:09 pm

Leading in W's, ERA, WHIP and K's but 8/11 in S's. I've got room for a reliever and there are no closers I can find anywhere. I've got Ryan, Putz and Morrow. I'm now thinking of finding a kick-ass Middle Reliever to help my WHIP, K's and ERA. The big name I was looking for, Carlos Marmol, is gone. Other big names available are Heath Bell and Jon Broxton. I see Shields, Downs, Kuo (on waivers), T. Bucholz. I'd love someone who could get a save or two as they are few and far between for me. Plus, Manny Parra (not a reliever but...)is still lying around so I could add him to my spot start list with Wolf, Lilly and Sanchez. And finally, whom should I drop? I'm hating Todd Helton now and I've got a few middling infielders (Polanco, Hudson, Aviles).
SP- Haren, DeLarosa, Sanchez, Nolasco, Price, E. Santana, Cueto, Buchholz
RP- Soriano, Marmol, Dotel
C- Wieters
CI-Morneau, Wright, Votto
OF- Kemp, BJ Upton, G. Jones, A. Jones, N. Cruz, Fowler
MI-A. Ramirez, Stewart, Asdrubal
U-Ortiz or Berkman

Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Middle Relievers

Postby Steve » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:33 pm

I own Broxton, Bell and Bucholz so obviously I rate them pretty highly. Broxton has a great K rate, Bell and Bucholz give up very little. The added bonus with Bucholz is that he is SP eligible (in my league anyway) and will likely close for Colorado if/when Fuentes gets dealt.
This IS my f**king outlet!

BSUjam

Postby BSUjam » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:07 pm

I like'm. Think that you will usually get 7-9 innings a week (at the minimum). That is a good start per week -- for the most part.

knighttown
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby knighttown » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:00 am

@Steve/BSU

FOrgot to mention, holds have no value in my league. And K's are the least important for me with my huge lead. Wins/S's most important. Saying that Bucholz>Bell>Broxton?
SP- Haren, DeLarosa, Sanchez, Nolasco, Price, E. Santana, Cueto, Buchholz
RP- Soriano, Marmol, Dotel
C- Wieters
CI-Morneau, Wright, Votto
OF- Kemp, BJ Upton, G. Jones, A. Jones, N. Cruz, Fowler
MI-A. Ramirez, Stewart, Asdrubal
U-Ortiz or Berkman

mikeisalegend

Postby mikeisalegend » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:40 am

Anyone know why Kuo isn't getting more action? Any thought at all by the Dodgers to give him another shot at starting? (They are probably too deep to start him anyway, and I know that the docs have enjoyed playing Operation! on his arm more than once) It's just that his stats are outta this world, and he doesn't seem to be getting consistent appearances.

Related to relievers, my league (10 deep, holds are counted) has J.C. Romero available. Will he be given a shot at being the setup guy for Lidge again?

JoeO99

Postby JoeO99 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:12 am

I'd rather have Parra than Wolf, Sanchez, or Lilly.

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”