It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Sonavabench!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:44 pm 

Kubel.... nooooooooooooooooooooo.

I took the full brunt of that 0 for 15 stretch cuz my OF was banged up (Beltran) and I had to start someone. Now Beltran's back, and Kubel breaks out with a 2 three run homer game from the pine.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:45 pm 

Ouch. Well at least Beltran went deep.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:09 am 

Started him and Kubel went 0 for 5. 0 for his last 20 in my lineup... Hate.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:40 am 

You crack me up, Papa Smurf.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:53 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

All Hill. After riding this 0-25 streak I pick up and plug-in Stewart today. And, of course it's slumpbuster day for Hill. Curses.

c: Mauer
1b: Votto
2b: BP
ss:
3b: Longoria
OF: Cargo, Heyward,
Utilx2:Huff
B:
DL:

SP: Kershaw
Sp: Verlander
Sp: John Danks
Sp: Doc
Sp: Cahill
SP: Ted Lilly
Sp: Ian Kennedy
Sp: Hammel
Sp: Lowe
Sp: Anibal, Garland, Narvy,Zambrano, Niese, & Duensing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:03 pm 

I was scouring for a spot starter at C today.

I narrowed it down to Paulino or Paul Phillips vs. a couple of lefties.

Of course, I picked Phillips, who didn't even play. Idiotic move on my part. Paulino had more R and RBI than my entire lineup. Not really a sonnavabench, but still a Sonnuva B.

My team had a 30 pt lead some 3 wks ago, it's down to single digits. Now Peavy's down too. LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:13 pm 

Maicer Izturis and Nyjer Morgan both hit their first homers of the yr on my bench. If these guys both hit one homerun a year, I don't wanna miss the special occasion. Definitely not proud to admit either are on my team, but both have been starting lately due to injuries and general crapitude of the regular starters. Today I put Hardy back in the lineup, and he had a good game, but not as good as Izturis.

Another day, another day my bench outhomers the entire lineup.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:18 pm 

Pretty improbably bad luck there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:29 pm 

Dodged a huge sonnuvabench bullet today. As usual during team slumps, my genius smurf mind thinks, oh why not bench slumping so and so for a day depending on matchup. Last year, I got third degree burns from benching Mclouth, and I nearly did it again today. Had him on the bench in fact for N Morgan… haha (I know, brilliant). Then on my way back from lunch, it occurred to me how dumb it was and I was able to switch back a few mins before lineup lock.

If you see a short blue dude with white hair on the news today for winning the lotto, dat’s me!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:08 pm 

Ha!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next