LOGIN

I’m a pretty harsh critic of Razzball, but occasionally we’ll post things that even I feel are extremely helpful.  Usually these are done by other people for our site.  One of those things was the Fantasy Baseball War Room.  Another helpful thingie-ma-whosie is the 2011 fantasy baseball tiers, brought to you by regular commenter and all-around solid F.O.R., VinWins.   This fantasy baseball tier sheet is like the Cliff Notes version of the 2011 fantasy baseball rankings.  The tiers give you where I ranked players and the tier names, which should give you a rough idea of what I’m thinking when you don’t have much time.

If you’re in a tight squeeze in a draft and you don’t have time to look at a dozen different posts or read everything I wrote about a player, you just look at the fantasy baseball tiers and you know quickly know where a guy ranks and a snapshot of what I’m thinking.  For instance, you see Dan Uggla sitting there in your draft.  You quickly scan the fantasy baseball tiers and see I have him below Pedroia and above Weeks.  I also say, “Your last chance for a legit 2nd baseman.”  So you can quickly infer I’m saying if you don’t get Uggla in this tier, you’re no longer on solid ground.  To solidify that, the next tier is called, “Do you feel lucky?  Well do you, punk?”  So obviously there is risk involved with those guys.  If you fail to get Uggla, you can quickly see another tier below is called, “I’m on board with these guys.”  So you can quickly surmise, I like those guys too and that’s the order.  Anyway, you get the gist.

Also, VinWins went the extra mile and put my top 300 for 2011 fantasy baseball into a spreadsheet.  Now thank VinWins.

Finally, there’s the Fantasy Baseball Team Name Generator.  I got the Scranton Crackers, which sounds like a gang that would wear a lot of flannel.