LOGIN

This will probably be the last time you hear me talk positively about Carlos Gonzalez.  He’s going to be overrated next year.  (Well, that positive stuff was short-lived.)  There’s no way around it.  But, for one last time, let’s live in the moment and assume you drafted him around the 10th round last year.  That makes him some kinda keeper because he’s not going that late in 2011 fantasy baseball.  Shoot, he may not see the 2nd round.  You could probably trade CarGo right now for, say, Prince Fielder and sex with your leaguemates’ wife.  It’s Indecent Proposal with…. Overweight guys!  I like it, I like it.  Who do we have to star in it?  Who else?  Kevin James!  He’s so lovable!  Or how about we get Tyler Perry to direct and get Cedric the Entertainer to star?  I love it!  So in 2010, Carlos Gonzalez was All-World for fantasy.  A five category performer.  111/34/117/.336/26 was the line.  At one point, he helped your grandfather down from the third floor of a burning building.  Cost you your inheritance, but you still got Pop-Pop to tell you stories about what grandma looked like in a girdle.

Last year, Mark Reynolds was a solid keeper and also overrated.  I’ll say this, I think CarGo will be better in 2011 than what Mark Reynolds was in 2010.  My CarGo concerns, which I’ll get to when I go over his overrated post, have more to do the insane year he just had and how every single thing that could go right did.  It’s not like CarGo will collapse and become a droppable piece of fantasy driftwood.  He’s a 20/20 guy with a high .280-ish average.  It’s completely solid.  It is not 110+ Runs and RBIs, 30+ homers and a near-.340 average like it was in 2010.  I mean, c’mon.  You want fantasy baseball?  Thinking you’re going to get that again is fantasy baseball.  In 2011, I see a line of 90/24/95/.285/20.  That’s a totally solid keeper, but it’s not– Okay, we’ll hold on what it’s not for another day.