LOGIN

There are two weird trends going on this year. The amount of 1-0 games and the desperate creepiness of Carl “Purple Pie Man” Pavano’s mustache. Both completely weird me out in different ways. Fantasy wise 1-0 games suck, unless you are like me and like to dry hump starting pitching. The Pavano situation is awful. He reminds me of a guy with an endless supply of candy, that drives to the game in a van with an airbrushed wolf howling at the moon under the tinted windows. Just plain creepy. We are oozing to the playoffs with about 4 weeks to go. Now is a better time than never to make every attempt to go 7-3 rather than 5-5. So buck up and start streaming like you own it. Worse case scenario you get “smushed.” Have a look-see at the least likely owned 2 start options for this week of fantasy baseball.

Daniel Hudson (Cin vs. Arroyo) (Col vs. Francis)
His picture may be going in my locker soon. Shows great stuff, I just hope he doesn’t do too well, I don’t want to overpay next year. ERA in the mid 3’s, 6K’s/start. Run to pick him up… Stop, tie your shoe first.

Brad Bergesen (Sea vs. Fister) (Tex vs. Lee)
Huh, a complete game. What the Buck? It actually was a nice game pitched for all 55 people in attendance. Don’t get too excited, he is now done getting complete games for the decade.

Mike Minor (Was vs. Olsen) (ChC vs. Wells)
Future number 3 in the ATL. Decent four pitches, changeup is a plus pitch, seems to short arm it a little. BAA comparable to Jeremy Sowers.  Yeah, I just cancelled my subscription.

Kevin Correia (@ ChC vs. Gorzellany) (@Mil vs. Narveson)
You’re going to say, “Smokey, two road starts for a Padre?” My rebuttal is, they have to show some moxy. They are in a playoff hunt. Check the numbers, he isn’t that great at home either.

Chris Volstad (@Pit vs. McDonald) (Hou vs. Rodriguez)
Is only as good as the Marlins offense. He is 6-8, maybe he rides the pine for the Heat and gets a ring. Half of his wins against the Nats. Which isn’t really helpful info for this week. Previous bad outing vs. the Pie Rats.

Dallas Braden (Tor vs. Morrow) (TB vs. Garza)
2 complete games in last 3. ERA half run better at the home. Morrow may have shot his load, expect a disaster.

Kevin Millwood (Sea vs. French) (Tex vs. Hunter)
Yeah, he is really bad, but Baltimore is hot. Still, far from a safe bet in either game.

Jon Niese (@ Hou vs. Happ) (@Pit vs McDonald)
Fry Pan is pitching well just no run support/bullpen. The Mess are atrocious. He is going to be a good buy low guy with an innings warning next year.

Bronson Arroyo (@ Ari vs. Hudson) (Col vs. Francis)
Still under a 4 ERA for the year with 12 sneaky wins for the contending club. Still hate the pitching motion, looks like a ballerina wearing stirrups.