Magic Wandy

Got a good suggestion to add to our Glossary (http://razzball.com/fantasy-baseball-terms/)? Here's where to submit it...
User avatar
peter
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:20 am
Location: Portland, OR

Magic Wandy

Postby peter » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:52 am

A pitcher who has drastic home/road splits.

Wandy Rodriguez has a long history of pitching lights-out at home, and miserably on the road. This year he has a 2.10 home ERA and a 4.02 road ERA. In 2007, his home ERA was 2.97, his road ERA was 6.37.

Owners of such pitchers, for their home starts, should close their shades and "wave their Magic Wandy."

User avatar
IowaCubs
Sponsor
Sponsor
Posts: 543
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:42 am
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Magic Wandy

Postby IowaCubs » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:23 am

This works for me, especially since we're playing "fantasy" baseball.

I tried last weekend to explain to a friend of mine this obsession I have with this game and how it works, how the draft happens, strategies, etc. She thought she was very funny by asking me if I drafted Gandalf instead of Frodo in the first round.
14 team h2h keeper (keep 5), $101 FAAB budget. C,1B,2B,SS,3B,MI,CI,U,5SP,2RP... It's standard 5x5, but we use quality starts instead of wins. I currently have $1 left in FAAB money.

Active Batters
Castro, Jason(C) HOU
Goldschmidt, Paul(1B) ARI
Carpenter, Matt(2B) STL
Longoria, Evan(3B) TB
Zobrist, Ben(,SS) TB
Profar, Jurickson(MI) TEX
Rodriguez, Alex(CI) NYY
Davis, Rajai(OF) TOR
Jones, Adam(OF) BAL
Trout, Mike(OF) LAA
Young, Eric(OF) NYM
Bogaerts, Xander(UT) BOS

Buxton, Byron(OF) MIN
Stanton, Giancarlo(OF) MIA

Active Pitchers
Corbin, Patrick(SP) ARI
Gonzalez, Gio(SP) WAS
Latos, Mat(SP) CIN
Liriano, Francisco(SP) PIT
Minor, Mike(SP) ATL
Benoit, Joaquin(RP) DET
Mujica, Edward(RP) STL

Burnett, A.J.(SP) PIT
Samardzija, Jeff(SP) CHC

User avatar
peter
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:20 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Magic Wandy

Postby peter » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:12 am

IowaCubs wrote:This works for me, especially since we're playing "fantasy" baseball.

I tried last weekend to explain to a friend of mine this obsession I have with this game and how it works, how the draft happens, strategies, etc. She thought she was very funny by asking me if I drafted Gandalf instead of Frodo in the first round.


Frodo in the first round - that is a joke. Especially when Gandalf is, like, +8 Dexterity and +9 Charisma.

User avatar
peter
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:20 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Magic Wandy

Postby peter » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:24 am

Some Magic Wandy surprises!

Pitcher/Home ERA/Away ERA
James Shields/1.72/6.99
Felix Hernandez/1.90 (1 HR)/3.54 (6 HR)
Brett Myers/3.66/7.54
Dustin McGowan/1.73/6.02

And the Weird Wandy (bad at home, nice on the road)...

AJ Burnett/8.16/2.98
Randy Johnson/6.23/2.79

User avatar
IowaCubs
Sponsor
Sponsor
Posts: 543
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:42 am
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Magic Wandy

Postby IowaCubs » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:03 pm

peter wrote:
IowaCubs wrote:This works for me, especially since we're playing "fantasy" baseball.

I tried last weekend to explain to a friend of mine this obsession I have with this game and how it works, how the draft happens, strategies, etc. She thought she was very funny by asking me if I drafted Gandalf instead of Frodo in the first round.


Frodo in the first round - that is a joke. Especially when Gandalf is, like, +8 Dexterity and +9 Charisma.



Oh Dude, you've completely LOST IT. Frodo is a 5 tool HOBIT. You're telling me you want to settle for Samwise in the later rounds? Give me a break... the only tool Gandalf has is, well, himself.


(okay i need to take a shower now to wash all the dork out of my hair)
14 team h2h keeper (keep 5), $101 FAAB budget. C,1B,2B,SS,3B,MI,CI,U,5SP,2RP... It's standard 5x5, but we use quality starts instead of wins. I currently have $1 left in FAAB money.

Active Batters
Castro, Jason(C) HOU
Goldschmidt, Paul(1B) ARI
Carpenter, Matt(2B) STL
Longoria, Evan(3B) TB
Zobrist, Ben(,SS) TB
Profar, Jurickson(MI) TEX
Rodriguez, Alex(CI) NYY
Davis, Rajai(OF) TOR
Jones, Adam(OF) BAL
Trout, Mike(OF) LAA
Young, Eric(OF) NYM
Bogaerts, Xander(UT) BOS

Buxton, Byron(OF) MIN
Stanton, Giancarlo(OF) MIA

Active Pitchers
Corbin, Patrick(SP) ARI
Gonzalez, Gio(SP) WAS
Latos, Mat(SP) CIN
Liriano, Francisco(SP) PIT
Minor, Mike(SP) ATL
Benoit, Joaquin(RP) DET
Mujica, Edward(RP) STL

Burnett, A.J.(SP) PIT
Samardzija, Jeff(SP) CHC

User avatar
p0rk burn
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:00 am

Re: Magic Wandy

Postby p0rk burn » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:33 pm

IowaCubs wrote:
peter wrote:
IowaCubs wrote:This works for me, especially since we're playing "fantasy" baseball.

I tried last weekend to explain to a friend of mine this obsession I have with this game and how it works, how the draft happens, strategies, etc. She thought she was very funny by asking me if I drafted Gandalf instead of Frodo in the first round.


Frodo in the first round - that is a joke. Especially when Gandalf is, like, +8 Dexterity and +9 Charisma.



Oh Dude, you've completely LOST IT. Frodo is a 5 tool HOBIT. You're telling me you want to settle for Samwise in the later rounds? Give me a break... the only tool Gandalf has is, well, himself.


Yeah, my wife said I can't hang out with you guys anymore. So uh, have fun with your Lord of the Rings and D&D I guess . . .

User avatar
Grey
Posts: 33727
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: Magic Wandy

Postby Grey » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:31 pm

How did I never see this thread before? This is awesome.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com
Image

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

User avatar
peter
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:20 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Magic Wandy

Postby peter » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:19 am

Grey wrote:How did I never see this thread before? This is awesome.

Well, if you're not just talking about the D&D references, let's run this shizz by Rudy and see what he thinks. If he didn't comment before, he may not be impressed with the term (or the d&d references).

(been offline from the site for a couple days. I'm kickin' it in Denver this week but will return with my obvious observations of who is going on/off the DL on Friday. you know, just something to look forward to.)

User avatar
Grey
Posts: 33727
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: Magic Wandy

Postby Grey » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:56 am

Denver? Sweet! Have fun. Are you you protesting the convention, working it or just getting stoned on a sky lift?
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com
Image

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

User avatar
White Lightning
Posts: 297
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:44 am
Location: TX
Contact:

Re: Magic Wandy

Postby White Lightning » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:27 pm

Hopefully you are protesting it...
Chase


Return to “Baseball - Razzball Glossary Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest