LOGIN

It’s finally here. The Strasburg watch is finally over as the second coming of fantasy Jesus is here. I saw him in the cave on Sunday getting limber for his 2 awaited starts. I am tempering expectations, since he is going to be on a innings limit. Still he should be owned everywhere, my best comparison is Roy Halladay, sorry for being unoriginal. I’m sure you have heard that already, but people like knowing what they are getting. Week 10 has slim pickings in the deep end of the pool for 2 start guys that can push your team to a victory. Sorry, I don’t make the schedule, but if I did I would make mandatory doubleheaders on Sunday with Mondays off. So with bated breath, take a gander at the least owned, but still valuable (in their own momma’s hearts, at least) 2 start pitchers for fantasy baseball, week 10:

Jeff Francis (Hou vs. Moehler) (Tor vs. Marcum)
Regaining some of his form to being the ace that he once was supposed to be. Only concern would be depth, that and getting mauled by a bear. Not a great K guy. Good play for first start and a “sit and play the scoreboard” for start 2.

Chris Volstad (@Phi vs. Kendrick) (@ TB vs. Niemann)
This week’s road warrior. Minus one start vs. COL, has been effective enough to be fantasy worthy. 3 ER or less in 9 starts. No run support seems to kill him… Well, that and a bullpen filled with crap. 2-0 career at Citizens Bank.

Armando Galarraga (@ Chw vs. Floyd) (Pit vs. Karstens)
Somewhere Jim Joyce is still crying. Is he as good as the “perfect” game? Definitely not. Is a 4.5 era pitcher. At least he got a new Corvette out of the deal, I threw a perfect game in Little league and all I got was Pizza Hut.  Though there breadsticks are tasty.

Kyle Kendrick (Fla vs. Volstad) (@ Bos vs. Wakefield)
Getting better. Has been effective in 3 of last 4. Previously lost to the Red Sox in an ugly 4 2/3 inning showing. Only the desperate would be looking this low for quality, but in an off week for 2 start sleepers he qualifies.

Kris Medlen (@ Ari vs. Jackson) (@ Minn vs. Slowey)
Must be a California thing to wear your hat like you sat on it. Is gathering innings and getting stretched out. His spot, I think, is safe after this week when Jair comes back. Will get his fair share of K’s vs. the D-Backs. 36/9 K/BB is pretty effective.

Clayton Richard (@Nym vs. Pelfrey) (Sea vs. Hernandez)
Basically gets 2 home starts. Has been decent last 5 out of last 6 starts, ERA is still under 3 as is everyone else’s that plays for the Fathers. Good for 10 K’s and a win with an ERA of 3 for the week. Gotta love a guy who has 2 first names.

P.J. Walters (@ Lad vs. Montaserios) (@ Ari vs. Jackson)
Hate initials, especially ones that are short for pajamas. Got lambasted last outing. The ‘Lou is playing like they are lying in the weeds. Has Duncan in his pocket so that is always a good thing. Really low end guy this week since I’m not convinced he has the goods.

Carlos Monasterios ( Stl vs. Walters) ( Laa vs. Weaver)
Good old Charlie Monastery. Has the house of the holy literally on his side. Can’t be all that bad.