It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Brian Roberts & Gavin Floyd for Lester?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:05 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I'm in a 12 team H2H league and I'm in virtually last place currently because of all the negatives my pitchers have been giving me so I'm looking to make some moves but thus far nobody in the league will budge when it comes to trading pitchers. My Team:

C Pierzynski & Wieters
1 A. Gonzalez
2 Brian Roberts & Ian Stewart
SS Reyes & Hardy
3 A. Ram & Zimmerman
OF Soriano, Abreu, Hart, Victorino
SP J. Shields, G. Floyd, S. Baker, Chien-Ming Wang, P. Hughes, Cueto, Slowey, Kershaw, G. Perkins
RP Lidge, K. Wood

My hitters have been tearing things up but I've racked up a bunch of negatives from my pitchers so I'm thinking of dealing Brian Roberts & Floyd for Lester. Any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Brian Roberts & Gavin Floyd for Lester?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:15 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Just to add... clearly Roberts isn't exactly the best person I could trade from my roster at this point but since three teams in my league currently hold most of the pitching depth in the league I'm kinda stuck between that rock they speak of! I'm hoping with Ian Stewarts increasing at bats that I can plug him in there without too much of a loss.

Since I have depth at 3B I have been also trying to peddle ARam off and there is a possibility that I could get Hamels but it would cost ARAM & Shields. I've read many of the Hamels warnings on the site but he's still awful tempting!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:21 am 

wudaben wrote:
I'm in a 12 team H2H league and I'm in virtually last place currently because of all the negatives my pitchers have been giving me so I'm looking to make some moves but thus far nobody in the league will budge when it comes to trading pitchers. My Team:

C Pierzynski & Wieters
1 A. Gonzalez
2 Brian Roberts & Ian Stewart
SS Reyes & Hardy
3 A. Ram & Zimmerman
OF Soriano, Abreu, Hart, Victorino
SP J. Shields, G. Floyd, S. Baker, Chien-Ming Wang, P. Hughes, Cueto, Slowey, Kershaw, G. Perkins
RP Lidge, K. Wood

My hitters have been tearing things up but I've racked up a bunch of negatives from my pitchers so I'm thinking of dealing Brian Roberts & Floyd for Lester. Any thoughts?

I don't like Lester. He was a risky pitcher. Search for his name on the site to read more.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:23 am 

wudaben wrote:
RP Lidge, K. Wood

Also, Perkins, Wang and Floyd are all very bad starters. Baker isn't much better. You need to get a solid guy -- think Wainwright, Gallardo, etc.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:57 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
wudaben wrote:
Also, Perkins, Wang and Floyd are all very bad starters. Baker isn't much better. You need to get a solid guy -- think Wainwright, Gallardo, etc.

Yeah... that's called drinking too much at the draft!! I have read the risky pitcher articles and all but the guys with pitching in this league just won't budge so I'm either going to have to hold the hand I have or roll the dice an a risky option. One of the owners I've talked with has Santana, Billingsly, J. Johnson, Gallardo, Lowe, Nolasco, Liriano & Scherzer but I can't get him to budge on any of the first four I mentioned. Hamels and Lester are really the only proven guys I can get but obviously they come with a risk associated with them... I'm just not sure that risk is greater that the risk I'm taking by not doing something!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:02 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

What are your thoughts on something like Brian Roberts for Liriano in this situation. Liriano is probably the only decent pitcher I can pry from this guy and he could use a 2B upgrade but most of his other positions are decent. He's got Chipper at 3rd but he sounds like he isn't interested in a 3B.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:12 pm 

Yeah, I'd want Liriano there.