It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hard-Core RCL Smack
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:37 pm 

Rather than scatter our best snipes, barbs, retorts, takedowns, hammerlocks, and nut punches on the regular Razz pages, or elsewhere in the forums, or on that God-forsaken unreadable Yahoo! posting board, this is your one-stop shopping clearinghouse for not-for-the-faint-of-heart RCL trash talking.

We're going to name names and disconnect knee-caps. Seriously, if you've got tender feelings, turn back now.

I throw down the gauntlet with this observation, made previously elsewhere. Tell me, Rest O' The League, why do your outfields suck? I'm looking at you, BigFatHippo. Ben Francisco, Mike Cameron AND Lastings Milledge, all in one OF? Am I dreaming? That would be some high calibre stuff, if your team was the Buffalo Bisons.

I autodrafted, and my OF is full of red-meat-eaters: Carlos Lee, Dunn, Krispie, with Granderson and Rios sucking bench. Sure, I need another MI, but guess what? We all need another MI.

All right. Discuss amongst yourselves. I fear what I may have unleashed.

Post subject: Re: Hard-Core RCL Smack
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:16 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

That all you got Baron?

This from a guy who has the .202 hitting Napoli as his only Catcher? Hinske as the only CI option?

I won't even mention the 6 RP on your staff (OK I just mentioned it, that's gotta hurt, especially since every. single. one. of. them. sucks.)

I wouldn't feel real comfortable with Oliver Perez as my Ace. Cust Kayin

10 team Roto

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:24 pm 

The flames from the banner are finally making their way down here.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:26 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Forgot to mention O Cab, love that pick. Josh Barfield wasn't available? Oh right, he's on your DL.

This is gonna be a fun thread, thanks for starting it BVV.

10 team Roto

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:51 am 

I have Jason Bartlett starting at shortstop.
I have zero closers.

BUT I ALSO HAVE CRACKPIPE HAMILTON AND LiL' TiMmY LINCECUM.

Don't really know the point of this post.

Oh yeah, I need to trade for a shortstop and 1-2 closers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:06 am 

O-Cab will tear it up in the second half! Make way for the O-Cab!

Some people in this league seem to have drafted on the philosophy that we get the stats from the first half. We don't. Yet this led to grievous errors like drafting JOSH HAMILTON IN THE FIRST ROUND.

Great pick, if you think he's going to finish the season with 168 RBIs. Oh wait? You don't?

Yeah, me neither.

As for arid outfields, I forgot to mention the Huckleberries. Juan Pierre, Victorino and Carlos Gomez? Excellent choices, if this was Fantasy 4x100 Relay.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:10 am 

p.s. BigFatHippo? Why you hating on Napoli when you have CHRIS COSTE as your catcher? That guy is almost as old as I am, and I have better power to the gaps.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:17 am 

RE: CRACKPIPE

The power he has shown thus far leads me to believe he will be much closer to 168 RBI's than any of your players, my good Baron.

I will make a bet that out of the first round hitters chosen, Hamilton at #10 will be one of the better picks.

Isn't it weird that we both autodrafted and ended up with cocknasty outfields? And that both of our aces are on the lowly Giants?

I might change my team name to Sir Lincelot and the Knights of the Round Pujols. Is there a character limit?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:10 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Quote:
As for arid outfields, I forgot to mention the Huckleberries. Juan Pierre, Victorino and Carlos Gomez? Excellent choices, if this was Fantasy 4x100 Relay.

HAH!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:45 am 

Oh, SaltyBiscuits -- I am willing to bet you a pound of pastrami that Prince Fielder and Carlos Lee will both have more RBIs after the all-star break than will Cracky McSmokesalot. His numbers will no doubt be very good by season's end, but I'm thinking he maxes out around 125 RBIs -- which means he's got about fifty left in his bat from here to October. Remember, Justin Morneau had 24 HRs and 74 RBIs at the all-star break last year. Afterwards, not so much.

And speak for yourself with the cracknasty OF. My team has many holes (insert obvious "holes" joke here)(insert obvious "insert" joke here) but OF is not one of them. Lee, Dunn, and whichever one of Grandy, Rios and Krispie gets hot? I'll sleep tight with these studs roaming my outfield grass.

Now, my Pedroia-O-Cab-Cantu IF -- that's another story. Or the relief corps of Gagne, Soriano, and Masa Kobayashi. And the fabled rotation of Perez, Cain, and pray for Randy Johnson's arm not to fall off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next