LOGIN

Let’s see… The winner of the All-Star game gets home field advantage… The WBC… Steroids testing after letting the world believe Bret Boone was good… Finally, interleague play.  Selig should hang his legacy right next to the monkey carcass that helped spread the AIDS virus.  So, interleague is here whether we like it or not.  I don’t, but I’m the only one who thinks this is all about me.  So what can we do about interleague play for fantasy baseball?

Play fringe AL Starters vs. the NL.  This is more for H2H leagues than roto, but you might be able to grab some value in roto leagues too.  During interleague play, the AL has an advantage.  They carry a guy who actually hits in the DH slot.  They don’t need to dust off the half-dead pinch hitter who sucks (Hey, Wes Helms, wanna DH?).  So Freddy Garcia  vs. the Marlins is actually usable.  Bergesen and Millwood vs. the Nats in Washington?  *Grey shrugs*  Why not?

Some AL starters  that may not be owned that are worth a look:  Bergesen, Millwood, Freddy Garcia, Carmona, Pineiro, Slowey, Pavano, Pettitte, Sheets, Gio Gonzalez, Rowland-Smith, Niemann, Holland, Morrow, Eveland and Marcum.

Some NL hitters who could see playing time due to the DH:  Jonny Gomes, Jason Giambi, Jerry Hairston Jr. and Xavier Nady.

Some AL hitters who could lose playing time due to no DH:  David Ortiz, Hank Blalock, Luke Scott, Damon or Boesch, Hideki Matsui, Marcus Thames and Fred Lewis, if Lind takes left field while in Houston.