It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Grey, who to keep Segura or Encarnacion?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:11 pm 

Grey, your word is like gospel so I come to you for help.

I'm in a 10 team, h2h, 6x5 with obp league. This is a keeper league where you can keep 3 players. You keep each player in the round they were drafted. You can also keep the player forever.

Both Segura and Encarnacion are on my roster and have 24th round value. Who should I keep?

I'm already keeping Trout (round 1), Goldschmidt (round 5) and one of Segura/Encarnacion (round 24). Remember, I'm only allowed to keep 3 players.

I pick 4th in the second round which is pick 14 overall. I can do one of two things with that pick. Which do you think is better for me now and long term?

1. I keep Encarnacion as a 24 and throw Segura back. There is a decent chance I could draft Segura in round 2 and make him my second round keeper. Then I would have Encarnacion at round 24 and Segura at round 2 forever.

or

2. I keep Segura as my 24 and throw Encarnacion back. I do not think I would be able to draft Encarnacion again as he would get picked before 14. So I would probably end up drafting David Wright. Off chance I get Beltre. I would then make that person my second round keeper. I would have Segura at round 24 and Wright/Beltre (more than likely Wright) at round 2 forever.

So which option is better? Segura (2) + Encarnacion (24) or Wright (2) + Segura (24)

Thanks!!

C - Yan Gomes, Devin Mesoraco
1B - Paul Goldschmidt, Eric Hosmer
2B - Jedd Gyorko, Kolton Wong
3B - Nolan Arenado, Anthony Rendon
SS - Jean Segura, Everth Cabrera
OF - Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton, Wil Myers, Alex Rios, Alex Gordon

NA - Byron Buxton, Oscar Taveras, George Springer

SP - Chris Sale, Francisco Liriano, Sonny Gray, Corey Kluber, Scott Kazmir, Nathan Eovaldi, Michael Pineda
RP - Ernesto Frieri, Fernando Rodney

DL - Alex Cobb, Derek Holland
SP - Chris Sale, Alex Cobb, Francisco Liriano, Sonny Gray, Corey Kluber, Scott Kazmir, Nathan Eovaldi, Michael Pineda

DL - Derek Holland

Post subject: Re: Grey, who to keep Segura or Encarnacion?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:46 pm 

Segura

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:17 pm 

Grey wrote:
Segura

Sorry, just want to clarify. So you would keep Segura as a 24th round keeper and then draft David Wright in the 2nd round and keep him there? Segura (24) and Wright (2)?

Knowing that I'll be keeping Trout, Goldschmidt and Segura, in your opinion who would be the better pick for me in round 2, David Wright or Adrian Beltre?

SP - Chris Sale, Francisco Liriano, Sonny Gray, Corey Kluber, Scott Kazmir, Nathan Eovaldi, Michael Pineda

SP - Chris Sale, Alex Cobb, Francisco Liriano, Sonny Gray, Corey Kluber, Scott Kazmir, Nathan Eovaldi, Michael Pineda

DL - Derek Holland

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:18 pm 

Segura, Beltre

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:45 pm 

Grey wrote:
Segura, Beltre

Thanks so much, Grey!

DL - Derek Holland