C-KANTER
UTIL-I.THOMAS
UTIL-BLAKE
BN-BEVERLEY
BN-DUNLEAVY
BN-SPLITTER
BN-BREWER
BN-OLADIPO

Looking for a little direction. I am lagging in %'s, Pts, 3s. Any big changes I should make here? Should I consider benching D. Jordan and moving Cousins/Ibaka into the C spot? Is Oladipo worth a spot if he keeps getting heavy minutes? Thanks in advance.

Cats are:
FG%-FT%-3'S-PT'S-REB-AST-STL-BLKS

Attachments:
standingsplot.png
standingsplot.png [ 13.57 KiB | Viewed 591 times ]

Post subject: Re: Lineup Help
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:59 pm 

Well Kanter needs to come out since he's hurt and lost his job and I'd indeed move Oladipo in there. Main knock on VO is the TOs and since youi're 8-cat, removes that from the equation. He'll hit some 3s too. Then PBev should get in when he can for the threes. Hope that helps!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:41 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

G-LILLARD
G-TEAGUE
Okay so I dropped Brewer and Picked Koufous off the wire. New lineup looks like:
G-LILLARD
G-TEAGUE
G-BLEDSOE
G-LOWRY
F-LEONARD
F-HAYWARD
F-IBAKA
F-COUSINS
C-D.JORDAN
C-
UTIL-I.THOMAS
UTIL-BLAKE
BN-BEVERLEY
BN-DUNLEAVY
BN-SPLITTER
BN-KOUFOUS
BN-OLADIPO

I plan to move Oladipo into the lineup whenever he plays, and Beverley in good matchups. My new question is: Should I move DMC to Center and play Dunleavy in the F spot? Or should I put Koufous in to Center and leave the rest where it is? Another option would be to Bench Jordan and play Kosta and Dunleavy as Jordan is single handedly tanking my FT%. Do you think Koufos will be as productive as Jordan in Blks and RBD's?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
standingsplot.png
standingsplot.png [ 13.57 KiB | Viewed 579 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:52 am 

I'm not thrilled with dropping Brewer... what about a lineup like this? Swapping Dunleavy with Brewer is ok.

G Lillard, Teague, Bledsoe, Lowry
F Leonard, Hayward, Brewer, Ibaka
C Cousins, Koufos
Ut Thomas, Oladipo

And get Jordan in occasionally, I agree his FTs are death in roto but you will occasionally need his blocks. Koufos won't match Jordans boards/blocks but also won't tank your FTs. He's worth playing. Hayward isn't helping your FGs and you really don't need his assists. I'm not sure he needs to start everyday for you and could be the guy who gets some days off when it's time to get a few Jordan games in. Your not going to catch the guy who's first in blocks so maintaining 2nd is just fine. A player who helps FG% plus 3s plus blocks doesn't really exist, especially on the wire. A little creativity will be needed to improve on each without hurting the other categories too much.

Thanks for the graph. Very helpful!

C Montero
1B Prince
2B Gyorko
3B Longo
SS B-Rad Miller
OF Bruce, Myers, Leonys Martin
UT Pujols
UT Revere
BN Bonifacio

SP Greinke, Tanaka, Moore, Ryu, Gray, Archer, Ventura, Erasmo, Hutchison
CP Soria, Santos, Liindstrom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:19 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Dropped Dunleavy and picked up Brewer again. Gonna roll with your lineup. This is my second year in hoops so I am still getting familiar with teams/players, when I am looking at playing/sitting Jordan, which of these should I concentrate on?
Allow the most rebounds -- Lakers, Wizards, 76ers, Timberwolves, Bucks, Nuggets
Allow the most blocks -- Bulls, Magic, Nuggets, Pelicans, Rockets, Raptors
Allow the most FT attempts -- Clippers, Mavericks, Warriors, Knicks, Nets, Celtics
Allow the fewest FT attempts -- Spurs, Timberwolves, 76ers, Pacers, Trail Blazers, Hawks

And with Hayward, what stat would I be looking at for a sit/start?

Also-Is Blake worth rotating in right now? I have been for his 3's-should I stop?

Thanks a ton for the help man, this site has really turned the corner in hoops!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:03 am 

I think pretty much all the teams under .500 are probably good starts for Jordan. I say this because it appears to me that it's the close games in which DeAndre gets the hack-a-Jordan treatment that he shoots too many FTs. Whereas there is no need to foul him in a blowout and most of the sub .500 teams are bad rebounding, good to block teams anyway.

It's impossible to predict when Hayward will shoot well and when he won't. I think him being a little banged up right now is what has mostly led to his poor shooting. I might give him a break till he shows me he's healthy.

Blake is worth occasionally rostering. The assists aren't that helpful to you. But he's shooting plenty of 3's and shooting them well. The problem I see is who to start him over. If you needed assists he would be amazing but Beverley should match his 3's and help in more areas. If you can flip Blake and Jordan for a high FG%/FT%/Pts big I would try. Aldridge comes to mind but he might be too expensive. Vucevic maybe. I feel Horford is a better FT shooter than 60 something %.

BTW this is Slim. I just haven't made my forum account yet.

C Montero
1B Prince
2B Gyorko
3B Longo
SS B-Rad Miller
UT Pujols
UT Revere
BN Bonifacio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:20 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Sent out Blake/Jordan for the 3 guys listed plus Paul Milsap and Bosh. If I get any counters do you think I could afford to swap Blake for any of my other guards in that equation-and play Blake? I know Blake will take a hit when/if Kobe returns...Would Teague&Jordan be too much for the listed guys?
Thanks Slim.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:36 am 

Yeah I think Teague/Jordan is too much. I wouldn't go after Bosh. Millsap is OK for the FGs and Points but he's not on the same level as the other 3. Your normal starting guards are all worth more than 2-for-1 so it depends on the other piece you get back. I'd still exhaust all Blake trade possibilities 1st.

C Montero
1B Prince
2B Gyorko
3B Longo
SS B-Rad Miller
UT Pujols
UT Revere
BN Bonifacio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:52 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I think Blake must have the plague...Pretty tough league to trade in apparently. The one team I might be able to work something out with has: Josh Smith, M. Ginobli, Faried, Barnes, G. Monroe, Bargnani, J. Noah, Varejeo for bigs. Anything jump at you that would make sense? He is weak at Guard, but wants nothing to do with Blake.

Also, the team who I wasnt going to be able to catch in blocks just lost the brow...do I hang onto Jordan-and say fuck ft%?

Thanks in advance