Trade for playoffs

Is Joe Blow enough for Joe Schmo?
ddog9876

Trade for playoffs

Postby ddog9876 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:46 am

I have a commanding lead in my division and have some roster depth - looking toward the playoffs...

I have Cam. He plays NO and @NYJ during my playoff weeks. I'm targeting Rodgers who has ATL and @DAL. those same weeks.

I have 4 WR's and can only play 3 - Marshall, Garcon, Nelson & Gordon.

I'm thinking of offering Cam and Gordon for Rodgers - is that fair? The Rodgers owner would play Gordon every week in my estimation and is 3-4 right now so one would think he would be interested.

If he didn't go for Gordon/Cam - would you offer Garcon/Cam for Rodgers?

No PPR, 4 pt Pass TD, 6 pt Rush/Rec TD.

Thanks

Sky

Re: Trade for playoffs

Postby Sky » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:10 am

I guess I'm not getting your strategy here. Not a trade I would do. Feels like an overpay to fix your lineup for weeks 15 and 16.
Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

ddog9876

Postby ddog9876 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:57 pm

Good point. I'm just having 2nd thoughts about Cam come playoff time.... I'm OK with the roller coaster that he is during the regular season but I find myself longing for Rodgers or Brees for the playoffs.

I'll do nothing for now.

Sky

Postby Sky » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:45 pm

I understand ya there. Really do. Just feels like an overpay right now to complete something that may hurt you because of the backwards step for your WRs.
Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

ddog9876

Postby ddog9876 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:10 am

Well - I can only play 3 of them - so I have a borderline WR1/WR2 that is on my bench each week after the bye weeks.

So, do I keep all 4 WR's for depth or do I try to upgrade my QB is my question...or RB2 I guess.

I have McCoy as my RB1 and DMC/Matthews as my RB2'ish - I could try to upgrade the RB2 and package DMC with Gordon maybe for better RB.

What RB's do you think would I could fetch for DMC/Gordon?

Again, no PPR 1 pt for 10 yds 4 PT Passing 6 Pt other TDs.

Sky

Postby Sky » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:55 am

I getcha, just the problem is you have depth until an injury hits then you'll wish you hadn't sold for peanuts.

Unfortunately, you wouldn't get the face value back from DMC/Gordon right now. Probably Morris: good but hasn't done anything amazing yet.

Return to “Football - Trade Talk”