LOGIN

This week is bloated with guys who are most likely owned in your league. Or guys that should be owned. Though maybe not in ESPN abandoned leagues.  ESPN owners, raise your hand if you’re not here. Guess they’re not here either. I wish I had the time to waste on a draft that I was going to do and 20 games into the season be like, “Eh, I’ll see how I’m doing later.” The funny thing is we’ve all been in leagues where a dead team actually wins. I guess they want to get a head start on football, so they can leave that team dead too. Take a gander at my list of two start pitchers for week 4, and I welcome all questions or insults.

Davis Huff (@ LAA vs. Weaver) (Min vs. Liriano)
He isn’t as good as his start against Tex, but isn’t as bad as his last.  He is your typical 6 innings 4 ER guy, and in a pinch and get 2 start scenario, I’ll take that. Not a huge K guy which is why he isn’t owned everywhere. I am still not sold on Liriano.

Matt Harrison (Det vs. Bonderman) (@ Sea vs. Hernandez)
Yeah, I know he gets The King this week, but should be able to keep Tex in the game and may sneak a quality start against Detroit. Got killed by not keeping the ball down in the zone vs. Boston. Look for a good first start and play it by ear later in the week if you’re ahead in any pitching categories.

Carlos Silva (Was vs. Lannan) (Ari vs. Haren)
Another great one start and maybe not later in the week guy. Has 2 home starts, and has performed admirably in his chances so far. Do I believe it? No, I think it’s smoke and mirrors.  After the change of league it takes 8-10 starts for the league to be say, “Duh, he’s throwing underhand.” Great first start matchup.

Dana Eveland (Bos vs. Beckett) (Oak vs. Gonzalez)
I normally don’t root for a guy named Dana. They are always last one taken in any sport and never know how to play. He sorta knows what he is doing. WHIP nightmare as he pitches to contact, which maybe bad against the hibernating Red Sox bats.

Bud Norris (Cin vs. Harang) (@Atl vs. Lowe)
More of a first name that I can trust. His uncle Chuck guarantees a 2 win week, and I’m not going against his logic. Doesn’t get great depth into games, will K his share. Two matchups that would have been great 3 years ago. Harang’em and bang isn’t what he used to be…Well, he is still a pitcher, but, well, you know. Lowe is what he is, a great ground ball pitcher.  They never go out of style.

Mat Latos (@ Fla vs. Johnson) (Mil vs. Gallardo)
Two tough starts for Latos.  Guys who can blow up or shut you down. Coming off a gem vs. the Giants. Any start at Petco is worth the gamble. Tough to start a guy against big name pitchers. Good for at least one win.

Zach Duke ( @ Mil vs. Gallardo) (@Lad vs. Kuroda)
Got shelled in his last start vs. Milwaukee, who scored 36 runs in a 3 game sweep of the Bucco’s. Not going to win you an ERA title nor keep guys off base, but for a bad team someone has to be the ace. Look for a 6 Era for the week, a win and 8-10 K’s.

Jamie Moyer (@ Sf vs. Wellemeyer) (NyM vs. Perez)
The ageless one is still getting it done with some effectiveness.  Yeah, if I had that lineup I would be pretty decent too. Never a huge K guy, but with the Phils’ ability to score runs behind him and his favorable matchups, I’m buying for a buck for week 4.

Oliver Perez (LaD vs. Kuroda) (Phi vs. Moyer)
Making Silva’s contract look like a bargain.  Guy is the definition of inconsistency. Has the stuff, just can get his arm slot in check. He is going to breakout one game and K, like, 12 and be the WW sensation of the week, just not this one. Look for a mid 5 Era, a win and 12 k’s for the week.