It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Streaming Catcher...
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:10 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

hmmm...Napoli went #117 in my draft. my next pick was Perkins. If I had drafted Napoli there, would have been without Perkins' 6 SVs (more to come). The strategy seems to be evading you...not a big loss.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:46 am 

I can see that you are getting cheap stats from the position while loading up at others, just because I don't necessarily agree with your strategy does not mean that "the strategy is evading me" and I would appreciate it if you would not insult my intelligence. I think you've been a bit fortunate as going by matchups for batters is very dicey other than maybe watching for players with obvious lefty/righty splits and taking advantage of that. In my RCL your strategy might work o.k. as people haven't been fiddling with their catchers that much and few ever have two since the benches are shallow. In my other league, most of the guys you've been streaming get picked up by someone about the same time you'd be noticing that they are hot at the plate. In that league there is absolutely nobody of interest at the position. It certainly can work in shallower leagues but anwhere with more teams, deeper benches, etc. it would have very limited usage.

As for Napili, I'd think that getting the guy who's leading the lead in RBI's, has 17 R's, 6 HR's, and a useable average would be more valuable to your team than a guy helping you with 6 saves. Sure Perkins is helping your ratios but not much with only 14 innings. Just looking at the numbers, pointing out Napoli as your other option is not a strong endorsement for your strategy. Things can certainly change drastically but the evidence right at this moment looks like if you had a spot you were going to draft Napoli and you passed on him for a middle of the road closer that it was a mistake. There are a couple of guys off of the WW that match up with Perkin's production thus far if you want to do what if's.

P's Scherzer, Samardzija, Ogando, Nathan, Perez, Hanrahan, Betancourt, Fujikawa (DL), Streamer, Streamer

12-Tm Mixed league(OBP): Three Out Rally
C-Perez, 1B Votto, 2B Rutledge, SS Castro, 3B Longoria, MI (rotating door), CI I. Davis, OF Jennings, OF Choo, OF Aioki, OF Morse, OF Cruz, UT Moss, UT Cain, BN Young Jr., BN Bonifacio, BN Schierholtz, BN J. Francisco
P's- Bumgarner, Zimmerman, Ryu, Estrada, Lincecum, Quintana, Chapman, Holland, Wilhelmsen, League, Francisco (DL)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:29 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

6/14 update: 18 streamed catchers, 231 AB:

R/HR/RBI/SB/AVG
30/11/40/1/.238

posey, 224AB:
29/8/40/1/.313

the AVG worth the draft pick?