It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
 Post subject: James LONEY
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 183
Location: Big D Dallas TX
Good pick up? Dudes hitting .300 seems to be a a good source for ribbies. Can he sustain his hot start? Thinking about taking a flier on him.... concerns?

_________________
16 team IDP league

Qb= Aaron Rodgers, Rivers
Rb= Bradshaw, Tate, Powell
Wr= Green, Garcon, Amendola, Mike Williams
Te= Gates, Miller
DT= Mebane, Mosley
De= D Morgan, Cliff Avril
Lb= Ellerbe, Ninkovich, D Butler
Cb= Honey Badger, Chris Harris
S= Reshad Jones, Deshon Goldson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James LONEY
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:10 am
Posts: 2176
Worth a flyer but yes there are concerns. It is James Loney. He isn't likely to keep this up. Use him while he is hot and then ditch him when he comes back to his old James Loney self.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James LONEY
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:45 am 
Offline
Sponsor
Sponsor

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:47 pm
Posts: 990
I don't think he goes back to the "old' Loney, Rays do this all the time ,he has bought into their system and he is reaping the benefits, Kotchman before him among others, he is high avg low power, he is great for h2h leagues not as good for roto


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James LONEY
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:47 pm
Posts: 126
Ask yourself this question:

Who has more homeruns at the end of the year?

James Loney

or

(Juan Pierre + Dee Gordon)

That should tell you all you need to know about Loney.

_________________
10 Team Roto (9x9)
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL
Batters Stat Categories: R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG. 162 Game Max.
Pitcher Stat Categories: W, L, CG, SV, BB, K, ERA, WHIP, QS. 1700 IP Cap.

C Brian McCann
1B Prince Fielder
2B Aaron Hill
3B Blahtoon
SS Elvis Andrus
OF Ryan Braun
OF Yasiel Puig
OF Matt Holliday
OF Angel Pagan
UTL Adrian Gonzolez
UTL Grady Sizemore
BN George Springer
BN Nick Markakis

SP Felix Hernandez
SP Zack Grienke
RP Fernando Rodney
RP Jason Grilli
P Masahiro Tanaka
P Cole Hamels
P Hiroki Kuroda
BN Homer Bailey
BN Sergio Santos
DL Doug Fister


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James LONEY
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:10 am
Posts: 2176
FantasyJunkie787 wrote:
I don't think he goes back to the "old' Loney, Rays do this all the time ,he has bought into their system and he is reaping the benefits, Kotchman before him among others, he is high avg low power, he is great for h2h leagues not as good for roto

Actually they don't do this all the time but they get credit for it.

Kotchman - .306 avg 10 HR 44 runs 48 RBI - Good avg but nothing else worth having
Pena - .197 avg 19HR 72 runs 61 RBI - Good number except for avg until you look at what he did two years prior which is more HR, more RBI and same runs.

So there is nothing that says Loney is suddenly going to be ownable because the Rays will turn him around.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James LONEY
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:32 pm
Posts: 139
Nice, Muaddib.

_________________
12 Team Roto Standard 5x5 (always)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James LONEY
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 6:08 am
Posts: 1
I need a new 1B, and it is between Loney and Morneau. Any thought on which one has a better show at production ROS?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James LONEY
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:10 am
Posts: 2176
KaPluie wrote:
I need a new 1B, and it is between Loney and Morneau. Any thought on which one has a better show at production ROS?

Go with Loney while he is hot and then drop him when he cools off.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James LONEY
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:04 am 
Offline
Sponsor
Sponsor

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:47 pm
Posts: 990
Mauddib wrote:
FantasyJunkie787 wrote:
I don't think he goes back to the "old' Loney, Rays do this all the time ,he has bought into their system and he is reaping the benefits, Kotchman before him among others, he is high avg low power, he is great for h2h leagues not as good for roto

Actually they don't do this all the time but they get credit for it.

Kotchman - .306 avg 10 HR 44 runs 48 RBI - Good avg but nothing else worth having
Pena - .197 avg 19HR 72 runs 61 RBI - Good number except for avg until you look at what he did two years prior which is more HR, more RBI and same runs.

So there is nothing that says Loney is suddenly going to be ownable because the Rays will turn him around.


Well he kinda is doing something to be owned, again, Roto is not the only format, Loney is pretty valuable for H2H.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James LONEY
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 4:15 pm
Posts: 98
Drop David Freese for Loney while he's hitting?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: