It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hamilton Trade
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:16 am 

An owner in my league is desperate to move hamilton. So desperate in fact that he told me he would trade him straight up for Wilhelmsen.

I know 99.99% of the time that's a deal I would make. But I have some pause about trading for Hamilton. I purposely avoided him in the draft and the fact this owner is trading him for next to nothing concerns me too.

Is Hamilton bound to regress UP to the mean? Or is there something larger at play here regarding his awful performance.

Is this a good deal or a bad one?

Post subject: Re: Hamilton Trade
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:23 am 

I would take that deal. Hamilton is out of sorts right now but I would take the gamble that he comes around at some point. Remember where Pujols was at this time last year and how he finished the year? Might not happen but Hamilton has that kind of upside and I would buy into it. This is the kind of deal that could win you a title if it works out and if it doesn't then you don't lose really all that much.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:43 am 

Yea, I thought of the Pujols example from last year and that's what's keeping me interested in this potential deal.

I just wonder if he has some sort of injury that he's not disclosing or if it's all mental with him.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:51 pm 

i honestly dnt want any part of hamilton...to the point of the other day i was thinking of buying really low on him and was about to propose a trade and then i thought about it and i just couldnt do it bc i do not trust him at all.. that being said if u can get him for wilhelmsem then id do it.. not much to lose in a deal like that

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:23 am 

@ bsanders: we're thinking the same exact way, hes a huge question mark, but for wilhelmen, eff it. Im doing it.

thanks all!