Mr. Stanton

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
salipp

Mr. Stanton

Postby salipp » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:12 pm

I have heard all the bromides, but this guy is close to Dunn-esque. He is pretty much un-tradeable at this point, benching would be next, thoughts

Mauddib

Re: Mr. Stanton

Postby Mauddib » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:46 pm

I have always seen him as a Dunn type just with more hype. He might be slightly better but he has never put up the R and RBI that you expect with a 40 HR guy.

I would have no problem benching him until you see something different. I wouldn't be afraid to send out some offers though, you might be able to trade him for close to even value. Maybe make an offer on Heyward with another player and Stanton.

tululush

Postby tululush » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:09 pm

Mauddib wrote:I have always seen him as a Dunn type just with more hype. He might be slightly better but he has never put up the R and RBI that you expect with a 40 HR guy.

I would have no problem benching him until you see something different. I wouldn't be afraid to send out some offers though, you might be able to trade him for close to even value. Maybe make an offer on Heyward with another player and Stanton.

I was able to trade Stanton+Headley for McCutchen+McCann. Then I turned around and flipped McCann+ for Wieters+
Yahoo 10 team, h2h, 6x5 (including obp), 7 keepers (Trout, Stanton, Goldshmidt, Rendon, Arenado, Scherzer, Buxton)

C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Paul Goldschmidt, Prince Fielder
2B - Anthony Rendon, Dustin Pedroia
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Danny Santana, Xander Bogaerts
OF - Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton, Alex Gordon, Melky Cabrera, Steven Souza

NA - Byron Buxton, Addison Ruessell

SP - Max Scherzer, Mike Fiers, Phil Hughes, Danny Salazar, Francisco Liriano, Taijuan Walker
RP - Jake McGee, Addison Reed

Mauddib

Postby Mauddib » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:41 am

tululush wrote:
Mauddib wrote:I have always seen him as a Dunn type just with more hype. He might be slightly better but he has never put up the R and RBI that you expect with a 40 HR guy.

I was able to trade Stanton+Headley for McCutchen+McCann. Then I turned around and flipped McCann+ for Wieters+

Nice job.

OaktownSteve

Postby OaktownSteve » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:44 am

I know everybody has heard this but...last year he hit .243 with 1 HR through April. Then he hit 12 in May. His shoulder is dinged up. His K rate is up a little but it's a small sample. I honestly think he'll end the season with numbers right around what he had last year. The appreciation for his power is absolutely universal in the game. There isn't a scout, GM, manager, opposing player who doesn't think he’s absolutely legit. He has enough MLB at bats that we can believe in him as around a .260 hitter. We talk about guys getting pitched around, but what does that really mean? Do pitcher pitch around players with nobody on? Kind of but not really. Mostly MLB pitcher try to go after guys and get outs. He’ll see enough pitches and hit enough mistakes. Hit a lot of solo home runs. With a guy on 1st and nobody out do you pitch around him? Again, sort of but he will likely see a strike in the AB. It’s just a matter of him finding his swing again and he’ll be fine. I think the kind of trades I’m seeing put forth in the comments are borderline crazy. I think he’s a great buy low target.

connman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby connman » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:22 pm

I agree with oak. I'm trying the get him for moose taco + laroche as a crazy buy low. The owner says he is tempted, which I think is nuts, but people are selling low
16 team mixed league redraft league

SLG and OBP + runs, hr, Rbi, sb,

Wins, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, QS.

We use RF, LF, CF instead of just OF also.

Hitting:

C: Carlos Santana
1B: Jose Abreu
2B: Kolton Wong
SS: Andrelton Simmons
3B: Manny Machado
MI: Neil Walker
CI: Jimmy Paredes
RF: Ben Zobrist
CF: Lorenzo Cain
LF: Starling Marte
OF: Jay Bruce
Util: Jonathan Lucroy
Bench: Odebal Herrera
Bench: Mikel Franco
Bench: Javi Baez
DL: Lamb

Pitching:
SP: Jeff Samardzija
SP: Gerrit Cole
SP: Tyson Ross
RP: Zach Britton
RP: Brad Ziegler
P: Garrett Richards
P: Jason Hammel
P: Brett Anderson
BN: Sergio Romo
BN: James Nelson

DL: Beachy

diggs1228

Postby diggs1228 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:06 pm

Sweet deal...Weiters gets no love but is better and will get better

ohbilly2134

Postby ohbilly2134 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:05 pm

He's definitely hurting right now AND he's surrounded by AAA hitters. I assume Loria (being the jagoff that he is) will end up trading him, so I think he'll flourish in real life down the road.

As for fantasy right now...yeah, tough spot to be in. But you had to see this coming with that lineup and in that home park.
12 - Team ESPN H2H:

C - Evan Gattis
1B - Jose Abreu
2B - Rougned Odor
3B - Josh Donaldson
SS - Jimmy Rollins
OF - Carlos Gonzalez
OF - Carlos Gomez
OF - Mike Trout
Util - Albert Pujols
DL - Jed Lowrie
DL - Dustin Pedroia

P - Max Scherzer
P - Danny Salazar
P - Masahiro Tanaka
P - Anibal Sanchez
P - Lance Lynn
RP - Dellin Betances
RP - JJ Hoover
RP - Fernando Salas
RP - Will Smith

blasters

Postby blasters » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:04 pm

Just bought stanton in a 10 team keeper league where we keep 6 every year with no keeper restrictions or penalties. Gave up alex gordon, shane victorino, and next years 1st round pick (7th round). Thoughts?

OaktownSteve

Postby OaktownSteve » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:32 pm

Hear that noise? Yeah that was the window to buy low on Giancarlo slamming shut.

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”