It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Zimmerman on DL
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:13 pm 

Now Zimmerman is on DL. We only are allowed 2 DL in the league. I have Erick Aybar and Corey Hart on both allowed DL.

Drop someone from my DL or just waste a Bench spot for Zimm? Unless I use Carp at 3B?

Also, I really don't have to keep Aybar I guess. So I could drop Morneau and and/or Hart/Aybar?

Thank you for your time.

H2H - Mixed, points, daily moves, 12 teams, W-L-T
Cats: R, H, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, TB, A, FPCT, AVG, OPS

ROSTER
C Yadier Molina (StL - C)
1B Prince Fielder (Det - 1B)
2B Daniel Murphy (NYM - 1B,2B)
3B Matt Carpenter (StL - 1B,3B,OF)
SS Marco Scutaro (SF - 2B,3B,SS)
OF Alex Gordon (KC - OF)
OF Norichika Aoki (Mil - OF)
OF Torii Hunter (Det - OF)
Util Ben Zobrist (TB - 2B,SS,OF)

BN Justin Morneau (Min - 1B)
BN Ryan Zimmerman (Was - 3B)DL

DL Erick Aybar (LAA - SS) DL
DL Corey Hart (Mil - 1B,OF) DL

3B
Juan Francisco (Atl - 3B)
1B
Chris Johnson (Atl - 1B,3B)
Brandon Moss (Oak - 1B,OF)
Yonder Alonso (SD - 1B)
SS
Jhonny Peralta (Det - SS)
Marwin Gonzalez (Hou - 3B,SS)
Pete Kozma (StL - SS)
DH
Mark Reynolds (Cle - 1B,3B)
Nolan Reimold (Bal - OF)
Vernon Wells (NYY - OF)
OF
Chris Denorfia (SD - OF)
Lucas Duda (NYM - OF)
Nate Schierholtz (ChC - OF)
Peter Bourjos (LAA - OF)
Daniel Nava (Bos - OF)
Lorenzo Cain (KC - OF)

Post subject: Re: Zimmerman on DL
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:40 am 

I don't see a good reason to hang on to Aybar. Open up a bench spot for something that might help you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:13 am 

I would drop Morneau. SS is much thinner than util.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:39 am 

I know I would lose assists but initial ranking in our league has Chris Johnson (Atl - 1B,3B) and Mark Reynolds (Cle - 1B,3B) ranked #1, #2 bY TB since they are eligible for 3B. Also, found a couple more Luis Jiménez (LAA - 3B) and Éric Sogord (Oak - 2B,3B,SS) ranked just below. Juan Francisco (Atl - 3B) is interesting but doesn't bang in enough 2B or some 3B.

Brandon Moss (Oak - 1B,OF) fits nicely in this format.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:16 am 

what about Anthony Rendon (Was - 3B)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:23 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Provided his heel bruise isn't serious, I can't wait to see what Aybar can do in that Angels lineup when it gets clicking. At which point your Kozma would be completely expendable.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:47 am 

drop Aybar and Morneau...you have plenty of SS depth...pick up Reynolds and Rendon...Reynolds is mashing the ball right now...you take a bit of a hit in AVG sure but he's out-hitting Morneau overall in a potent Oriole lineup...

Rendon is an elite prospect who can hit for AVG...he will help offset Reynolds' low AVG and Reynolds with offset Rendon's lack of power...Rendon is that handcuff for Zimmerman...you should own him...if Rendon hits well, there is a chance he stays up even if Zimmer is back sooner vs. later...and odds are that Zimmer looms on the DL or goes back on there soon enough...there is no guarantee...take the risk on Rendon's upside

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:06 pm 

BluePulaski wrote:
drop Aybar and Morneau...you have plenty of SS depth...pick up Reynolds and Rendon...Reynolds is mashing the ball right now...you take a bit of a hit in AVG sure but he's out-hitting Morneau overall in a potent Oriole lineup...

Rendon is an elite prospect who can hit for AVG...he will help offset Reynolds' low AVG and Reynolds with offset Rendon's lack of power...Rendon is that handcuff for Zimmerman...you should own him...if Rendon hits well, there is a chance he stays up even if Zimmer is back sooner vs. later...and odds are that Zimmer looms on the DL or goes back on there soon enough...there is no guarantee...take the risk on Rendon's upside

Thanks for the response. I added A.J. Pollock (Ari - OF), Travis Hafner (NYY - Util), Lorenzo Cain (KC - OF), and Brett Gardner (NYY - OF).

So, I dropped Morneau for now and probably just leave Zimm on the bench for now. That opens a bench spot for me. I could drop Aybar or Hart. But Aybar may be a trade bait for me if he does well. So, not too sure about that drop? What about Hart?

Anyways, I was not too confident watching Rendon today 0-4 with 2 Ks and fielding errors. And against Gee?

So you still suggest Reynolds? He had another bomb today with his one hit. Ye his AVG has always pushed me away from that guy. If I get Reynolds or someone else you may now suggest, who would you BN this week 4?

Roster now looks like this:

H2H - Mixed, points, daily moves, 12 teams, W-L-T
Cats: R, H, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, TB, A, FPCT, AVG, OPS

ROSTER
C Yadier Molina (StL - C)
1B Prince Fielder (Det - 1B)
2B Daniel Murphy (NYM - 1B,2B)
3B Matt Carpenter (StL - 1B,3B,OF)
SS Marco Scutaro (SF - 2B,3B,SS)
OF Alex Gordon (KC - OF)
OF Norichika Aoki (Mil - OF)
OF Torii Hunter (Det - OF)
Util Ben Zobrist (TB - 2B,SS,OF)

BN
BN Ryan Zimmerman (Was - 3B)DL

DL Erick Aybar (LAA - SS) DL
DL Corey Hart (Mil - 1B,OF) DL

FA
3B
Juan Francisco (Atl - 3B)
Luis Jiménez (LAA - 3B)
Éric Sogord (Oak - 2B,3B,SS)
1B
Chris Johnson (Atl - 1B,3B)
Brandon Moss (Oak - 1B,OF)
Yonder Alonso (SD - 1B)
SS
Jhonny Peralta (Det - SS)
Marwin Gonzalez (Hou - 3B,SS)
Pete Kozma (StL - SS)
DH
Mark Reynolds (Cle - 1B,3B)
Nolan Reimold (Bal - OF)
Vernon Wells (NYY - OF)
Travis Hafner (NYY - Util)
OF
Chris Denorfia (SD - OF)
Lucas Duda (NYM - OF)
Nate Schierholtz (ChC - OF)
Peter Bourjos (LAA - OF)
A.J. Pollock (Ari - OF)
Lorenzo Cain (KC - OF)
Brett Gardner (NYY - OF)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:48 pm 

Gee is a better pitcher than his prior starts suggest...and he didn't just own Rendon...he owned the Nats today.

There is always that chance that Rendon struggles up to when Zimmer is ready...but you need to take chances on talent...anyone who owns Zimmerman should own Rendon.

He's a rookie...he has better plate discipline than many a major leaguer...I'm sure nerves got the better of him at least in part, to explain his performance...and Gee was pitching well.

The fact that Rendon went 0-4 might buy you some time to work on a trade to open up a roster spot, but the fact that Brent Gardner was available on your wire is a bit puzzling...not questioning your league...seems like your mates do go after hotter-hitting players.

The thing is...if you don't think other players will pick up Rendon then don't rush...if you think someone might, I'm sure you will regret it if he breaks out...that's the way it is with prospects...especially elite ones...some flame out...some waste away in the minors for a while because their organization is too deep...some get opportunities and turn them their dreams into realities...

...where would Mike Trout and Bryce Harper be if the Angels and Nats were not slumping and/or didn't have injuries at the beginning of 2012?

...Rendon is not a Trout or Harper...but he is the Nat's top prospect...if he got hot and stuck around the bigs I'm telling you he will have more trade value than Aybar hitting well...we know what Aybar can do...we have yet to see what Rendon is capable of...fantasy sports is about balancing sound decisions and risky ones...sometimes you need to take a chance...

...what will you regret more?... Rendon getting sent back down and having to pick up another flavour of the day hitter and Aybar being on someone else's team... or... Rendon doing well and staying in the bigs all season on someone else's team...(with Zimmerman possibly having an extended stay on the DL or multiple visits to the DL during the season)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:27 pm 

BluePulaski wrote:

Why not drop Hart over Aybar? There are no good options of SS on FA and the only reason I have Scutaro is I picked him up when Aybar went on DL.