It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Tim Lincebum
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:41 pm 

I was about to type Lincecum, but the typo made it suitable for his current situation right now.

Is he gonna turn it around? Someone dropped him and is he worth my number 1 waiver priority?

Im gonna drop Moreland.

6x6 H2h - 20 Teams
r, hr, rbi, sb, avg, ops
w, sv, k, hld, era, whip

c- Jason Castro
1b- Joey Votto -k
2b- Brandon Phillips -k
3b- Panda -k
ss- Startin Castro -k
if- Kyle Seager -k
of- BJ Upton -k
of- Austin Jackson -k
of- Chris Davis -k
of- Carlos Gonzalez -k
util- Jackie Bradley Jr.
bn- Chris Coghlan
bn- Yasiel Puig -k
dl - Wilson Ramos

sp- Cliff Lee -k
sp- Latos -k
sp- Anibal Sanchez -k
rp- Lance Lynn -k
rp- Glen Perkins
p- Marc Melancon
p- Shaun Marcum
bn-Tim Lincecum -k
bn- Chris Archer
bn- Trevor Cahill -k

Post subject: Re: Tim Lincebum
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:21 pm 

I didn't like him in the preseason as all my preseason stuff says... No reason for me to think different now...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:21 am 

Even for a dynasty league grey?

6x6 H2h - 20 Teams
r, hr, rbi, sb, avg, ops
w, sv, k, hld, era, whip

c- Jason Castro
1b- Joey Votto -k
2b- Brandon Phillips -k
3b- Panda -k
ss- Startin Castro -k
if- Kyle Seager -k
of- BJ Upton -k
of- Austin Jackson -k
of- Chris Davis -k
of- Carlos Gonzalez -k
util- Jackie Bradley Jr.
bn- Chris Coghlan
bn- Yasiel Puig -k
dl - Wilson Ramos

sp- Cliff Lee -k
sp- Latos -k
sp- Anibal Sanchez -k
rp- Lance Lynn -k
rp- Glen Perkins
p- Marc Melancon
p- Shaun Marcum
bn-Tim Lincecum -k
bn- Chris Archer
bn- Trevor Cahill -k

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:45 pm 

Not Grey but I'd say that it really depends on your league on how valuable that #1 waiver priority is. I don't worry too much in my main league as it just isn't that valueable in there. Really with the #1 spot you are waiting for either a ridiculous drop that someone shouldn't have done or a hot prospect getting called up. In my league there aren't that many ridiculous drops and a lot of the hottest prospects like Myers, Taveras are already stashed.

I'd say it is definitely worth taking a chance on him if the only cost is Moreland but only you can really gauge if losing that waiver spot is worthwhile. Personally, I'd probably wait until he's a FA and go for it as the upside is definitely higher than Morland. I drafted him way late in my main league thinking the upside was definitely worth the price I was paying at that spot but I am definitely not going to be afraid to cut him loose if his next start at SD looks ugly. On the bad side he's given up 6 and 4 runs in his last two starts but on the plus side is that his walks went from 7 to 4 to 1 in his three starts. If you can stash him cheaply, why not, but if it is going to cost you much at all it probably isn't worth the risk. I only got on board because I got him in like the 18th round or something ridiculous like that.

P's Scherzer, Samardzija, Ogando, Nathan, Perez, Hanrahan, Betancourt, Fujikawa (DL), Streamer, Streamer

12-Tm Mixed league(OBP): Three Out Rally
C-Perez, 1B Votto, 2B Rutledge, SS Castro, 3B Longoria, MI (rotating door), CI I. Davis, OF Jennings, OF Choo, OF Aioki, OF Morse, OF Cruz, UT Moss, UT Cain, BN Young Jr., BN Bonifacio, BN Schierholtz, BN J. Francisco
P's- Bumgarner, Zimmerman, Ryu, Estrada, Lincecum, Quintana, Chapman, Holland, Wilhelmsen, League, Francisco (DL)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:20 pm 

Thanks for your comment. This league is quite competitive and this is one of those rare drops by managers. the only minor leaguers that I managed to stash are Puig and Archer. All the other top minor league players are stashed by other managers. I think if I were to wait for him to reach FA, Id lose out. my gut told me that to go for it because no way that 2xcy young winner entering his prime can do thsi bad :?

6x6 H2h - 20 Teams
r, hr, rbi, sb, avg, ops
w, sv, k, hld, era, whip

c- Jason Castro
1b- Joey Votto -k
2b- Brandon Phillips -k
3b- Panda -k
ss- Startin Castro -k
if- Kyle Seager -k
of- BJ Upton -k
of- Austin Jackson -k
of- Chris Davis -k