Lets talk about Holds, especially RP w/ SP eligibility

Steals/Saves Ain't Got No Face. Closers and speed talk. Which MRs are moving in? Which schmohawk speedster is getting steals at MI?
aclonedsheep

Lets talk about Holds, especially RP w/ SP eligibility

Postby aclonedsheep » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:22 am

I have 5SP/5RP and 4 closers so Im trying to stay competitive in holds by finding guys with SP eligibility that are in the bullpen and not long relievers/swingmen.

Smokey mentioned a couple guys in his recent bullpen post. I am curious to see if people here know of others or how'd they'd rank the following:

Brian Duensing - ratios look pretty poor, not good K rates, but he has SP eligibility and has a few holds already
Hector Rondon - prospect in the cubs pen, Smokey mentioned him, stats look alright but it isn't clear if he'll be used in holds situations regularly

Brian Matusz - has been nasty out of the bullpen since last year, Buck trusts him to get tough bats out with a lead, so I'm thinking he might accrue some holds.

Brett Cecil - stats look good so far. I thought he was a longman but the ESPN game log shows 1IP innings. Sergio santos is hurting so maybe he gets some holds?

Drew Smyly - a longman that happened to get a few holds so far...maybe with their shitty bullpen he gets a promotion?

Bourne

Re: Lets talk about Holds, especially RP w/ SP eligibility

Postby Bourne » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:57 am

I like Cecil. Deunsing I think had most of his holds in one series. Smyly is the long man. He won't get shortened in case he needs to spot start.

I would go with matzuz and Cecil

aclonedsheep

Re: Lets talk about Holds, especially RP w/ SP eligibility

Postby aclonedsheep » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:57 am

Thanks for your input. Matusz paid off last night. Unfortunately I sat a day on Cecil, since I wasn't sure I wanted to give up Rondon and didn't have anyone else to drop. I think someone caught onto my strategy of getting the SP MRs - Cecil is gone today. Oh well...I'll keep my eye out for others and maybe Rondon ends up being good like Smokey suggested.

Return to “Baseball - SAGNOF”