It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Fantasy Portfolio '13
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:02 pm 

This topic could also be called "What's in my wallet?" but since I haven't done any auctions this year and I don't want to blatantly plagiarize Pianowski, I decided otherwise. With nine drafts now in the books, here's who ended up on my teams most frequently, for better or worse:

6 times - Paul Konerko and J.J. Putz. Neither of these guys were specific targets of mine, but Konerko seemed like a good value 100+ picks in as a .290/25/85 corner infielder, and Putz seemed to be sitting at the top of my RP ranks repeatedly when I was looking to add a closer.

5 times: Alcides Escobar and Al Alburquerque. Escobar is basically Andrus-lite and provides cheap speed at a middle infield slot 180+ picks in. Al Al is a speculative saves pick, no more no less.

4 times: Prince Fielder, Aaron Hill, Mat Latos, Coco Crisp, Adam LaRoche, and Hideki Kuroda. I think that Prince pushes 40 bombs this year and he's my #1 first baseman. Hill has a .315/.372/.547 line in 391 abs at Chase Field since he became a D-Back in 2011 - I expect something around .280/90/24/90/12 if he sticks in the third spot in the batting order. Latos looks like a solid #2 fantasy SP, even though GAB scares me a little. Crisp is the OF version of Escobar as a cheap speed option in the late rounds, LaRoche is a cheap CI pick with some pop, and Kuroda is a #3 SP at a #5 price.

3 times: Andrew McCutchen, Bryce Harper, Adam Jones, Jacoby Ellsbury, Austin Jackson, and Mike Morse in the OF; Paul Golschmidt, and Todd Frazier at 1B/3B; Ian Desmond, Jason Kipnis, and Rickie Weeks at 2B/SS; AJ Pierzynski at C; Jonathan Niese, Matt Harvey, Josh Beckett, and Shelby Miller at SP; Jason Grilli, Rafael Betancourt, Grant Balfour, and Mitchell Boggs at RP. Most of these guys were by design - Ellsbury, Jackson, Morse, Frazier, Pierzynski, and the MIs fell to comfortable spots in my drafts where they felt like good values. I like the two Mets SPs and Miller as a lottery ticket.

2 times: too many to mention, although some standouts are Longoria, Zimmerman, Craig, CarGo, Bruce, Choo, Rios, Hamels, Lee, and Wainwright.

I'll be depending on these guys to determine my fantasy fortunes this year. Who is everyone else depending on?

Post subject: Re: Fantasy Portfolio '13
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:35 pm 

So much to process in this post. Good read though.

Man I remember when I did 4 leagues and I needed to pair it down dramatically. 9 is for real.

12 Team, 8x8 $1 per add/drop

Miggy's Salsa
c A.J piersyskaminator
1b Anthony Rizzo
2b Jedd Gyorko
ss Hanley Ramirez
3b Miggy Cabrera
of(x3) Giancarlo Stanton, Justin Upton, Starling Marte
dh(x2) Xander Bogaerts, Manny Machado
bench Mike Olt, Brett Gardner

p Madison Bumgarner, Sonny Gray, Jon Lester Ian Kennedy
rp Craig Kimbrel, Jeurys Familia
p Drew Storen
bench Dan Haren, Ervin Santana, Travis Wood, Hisashi Iwakuma
dl Mat Latos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:53 pm 

hammerman86 wrote:
So much to process in this post. Good read though.

Man I remember when I did 4 leagues and I needed to pair it down dramatically. 9 is for real.

I am in six leagues this year. 2-4 is what I prefer, but I had to try some RCL leagues. From 2004-12 I played in only three roto leagues and they were all in 2010. I find them boring even when I have a good team. I figured I'd try that style again this year and see how it goes.

three mixed roto leagues
one mixed points league
one mixed head-to-head league
one NL-only head-to-head league

Cespedes is on 4 of my 5 mixed league teams.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:40 am 

Cespedes is another one that I own in two leagues. I was hoping that number would be higher - I think he's in for a big year.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:26 pm 

I've managed to get my team count down to a shocking 5 teams from previous years where I was usually at 10 or 11. Three of them are keepers and 2 are RCL leagues.

Offense:
I'm shocked when I look at my teams now, because it looks like the only offensive player that I own on more than 2 teams is Manny Machado (3 teams).
Some guys on 2 of my 5 teams: Miggy, Craig, J.Hamilton, Jennings, Marte, Morse, Frazier, Trumbo, L.Cain, Gyorko.

Pitching:
I've got 2 guys on 4 out of my 5 teams: Casey Janssen and Jose Fernandez.
Another 2 guys on 3 of my 5 teams: Dickey and Grilli.
Some guys on 2 of my 5 teams: J Zimm, Shelby Miller, Peavy, Frieri.

I feel like I'm surprisingly diversified for the most part this year, more so than I thought I was anyway.

(RCL Champions League) My Mustache Has A Mustache
C - Ramos
1B - Goldy
2B - Kinsler
3B - Pedro
SS - Zobrist
MI - Rendon
CI - Napoli
OF - Ellsbury, Victorino, A.Jackson, Cruz, C.Carter
UT - Sandoval
BE - A.Guerrero
SP - Yu, MadBum, Dickey, Haren, Buchholz, C.Martinez