It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Too many CIs, not enough OF.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:41 pm 

How far do you think Youk's hot start will carry him? He hasn't hit less than .275 in a month since August 2007, and most have been .300 and above. Could he just be getting better and better? I'm interested because I believe I need another outfielder for my team and I was looking to trade him after this month is over to maximize his hot start. But if he can continue to hit .320 with 5 HR a month I think I'd like to keep him. this is my team:

16 team H2H 6x6 (OPS, K/BB) and LF,CF,RF instead of OF

C: Sandoval
1B: Youk
2B: F. Lopez
3B: Zimmerman
SS: Theriot
LF: C. Jackson
CF: BJ Upton
RF: Rios
UT: C. Davis
BN: Teahen

SP: Lincecum
SP: Shields
SP: Gallardo
RP: M. Gonzalez
RP: Hanrahan
P: Motte
P: Downs
BN: D. Price
BN: J. McDonald
BN: S. Hill
BN: F. Morales

I feel I need a power upgrade most importantly, but a mid-tier closer does seem enticing with my lack of save opp. 2B and SS should be set once Teahen gets 2B-eligible near the end of the month. The waiver wire is horrible and I can't upgrade my offense in anyway from it without taking on projects (options at LF are Delmon Young, Sheff, Byrd/Murphy, and C. Ross from FLA), and I have enough projects on my pitching staff. What players do you think I should target if you think I need to make a trade, with Youk or anyone? My ideal target would be C. Quentin.

RP Street Hanrahan Fuentes E. Sanchez
BN T. Wood J-Zimm Lilly Beachy

Post subject: Re: Too many CIs, not enough OF.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:59 pm 

I'd do Youuuk for Quentin. I like Quentin a lot and Youuuuk does tend to slow down as the season progresses. With that said, trading Youuuuk just opens you for other problems.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:10 pm 

What other problems do you see?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:19 pm 

Who's filling in for him?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:37 pm 

Chris Davis goes to 1st and whomever I trade Theriot for to take over the utility spot. Conor Jackson could fill my UTIL spot when/if I get Quentin. Since Davis is a probable AVG drain, I'm targeting players who can hit at least .280 since the jury's still out on how low his BA will be. Adam Jones is also on the waiver wire, but haven't picked him up yet because he just hit waivers. I've got a pending #2 waiver for him (dropping Morales). He won't be much help since I have plenty of potential runs and steals, but he could be good trade bait.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:52 pm 

Ah, yes. Davis dur. Missed him. Yeah, I like a trade of Youuuk for Quentin there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:33 pm 

Well I got an offer returned, and he wants C. Jack and Youk for Quentin (he doesn't have a backup LF). Since I have Adam Jones now, the only thing I lose is some avg. Should I do this trade, or am I giving up too much?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:09 pm 

It's too much.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:31 am 

Never got the Quentin trade to work out, but I pulled off a Youk and Gonzalez for Carlos Lee trade, then flipped F. Lopez (really the only player I didn't want to lose) and Gallardo for Fielder. I think my power is set now, and I love the balance of the offense. But with Adam Jones smoking the ball right now, I can't possibly sit him over Davis right now. I'm thinking I should trade Jones since I already have Upton, but I don't know what to ask for at this point, with him being ranked #10 in Y. What SS/SP do you think I could get in a trade for Jones or Davis? And what caliber RP could I get for Conor Jackson?

A list of players I'm eyeing:
Bedard, Verlander, Cano, M. Young, Peralta, J. Johnson, Soria, Fuentes, Morrow, and M. Cain. I would love to get Billingsley but I feel he's too expensive at this point in time.

Thanks for your help, past, present, and future.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:40 am 

AConstipatedMonkey wrote:
Never got the Quentin trade to work out, but I pulled off a Youk and Gonzalez for Carlos Lee trade, then flipped F. Lopez (really the only player I didn't want to lose) and Gallardo for Fielder. I think my power is set now, and I love the balance of the offense. But with Adam Jones smoking the ball right now, I can't possibly sit him over Davis right now. I'm thinking I should trade Jones since I already have Upton, but I don't know what to ask for at this point, with him being ranked #10 in Y. What SS/SP do you think I could get in a trade for Jones or Davis? And what caliber RP could I get for Conor Jackson?

A list of players I'm eyeing:
Bedard, Verlander, Cano, M. Young, Peralta, J. Johnson, Soria, Fuentes, Morrow, and M. Cain. I would love to get Billingsley but I feel he's too expensive at this point in time.

Thanks for your help, past, present, and future.

Percival level for Jackson -- a top SS that's struggling for Davis -- Drew, Peralta or Tulo.