LOGIN

Put on the reverse lights to three weeks ago when Huston Street experienced tightness in his shoulder while playing catch.  Was shutdown for three weeks.  Yesterday, Street went to play catch and felt the same tightness.  He’ll now miss the start of the season.  Street’s resilience is akin to the elasticity on your favorite pair of boxers from the mid-90s.  “Hey, my shoulder will be just fine in three weeks!  Give me the ball, Mr. Apodaca!”  Yeah, and your boxers just fell to your ankles when you were getting the mail and now your neighbors are calling the cops and you’re going to have to register your address with the authorities.  I’d grab Franklin Morales or Manny Corpas, in that order.  If you have room, I’d grab both because, as previously alluded to — yo, I’m alluding and shizz! — Street’s the kind of knucklehead to miss three months with this sorta thing.  “C’mon, Mr. Apodaca, I’m ready… Aw, shucks, my arm just fell off.”  Anyway, here’s some more fantasy baseball news:

Elijah Dukes – This post was thisclose to being titled, “Put Down Your Dukes.”  Alas, the Street’s broke (<– economist pun +1).  Dukes was released by the Nats.  After Dukes heard the news, reports suggest the Nats car service couldn’t find anyone to drive Dukes home from the stadium.  Roll up the window! Um, you just smashed it with your bat.  I said, roll it up! Dukes will land somewhere, but it’s no concern of yours until he does.

Stephen Strasburg – Headed to the minors to start the season.  I guess the Nats sold as many tickets as they could to April and May games, then they pulled the trigger that I thought would be pulled all along.  Strasburg will be back in June or so.  In mixed leagues, you can stash if you want, but remember rookie pitchers can roofie you.

John Smoltz – Retired to be a TBS analyst.  George Lopez better watch out!