Deep League Catcher Woes

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy?

Deep League Catcher Woes

Postby Curtis.E.Bear » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:23 am

Yahoo 14-team 5x5 standard H2h

I waited on a C in my draft yesterday. For whatever reason, a 4 guys decided to draft backup C's before I even got my 1st (lol?). So I ended up taking Saltamacchia as the 19th C on the board. Still available were Martin, Hundley, Iannetta, Flowers, Jaso, and Ellis. Stick with the Salty one?

Note: Carlos Ruiz is also sitting out there but with shallow benches I want to wait 2-3 weeks before I stash him. There's also the strong possibility one of the idiots with a backup C with drop him for someone else in week one, so I might end up with Lucroy, Avila, or Pierzynski anyway.

Re: Deep League Catcher Woes

Postby Mauddib » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:52 am

I like Flowers slightly more so I might take a flyer on him. I tend to always wait on catcher and will stream them like crazy throughout the year. I will constantly check out the WW to see if one catcher is hot over his past 10 days or something and put him in until something better comes along.

Re: Deep League Catcher Woes

Postby JBRazzball » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:56 pm

I kinda like Flowers too. I agree with shallow benches Chooch is not a guy you need to hop for right now. If Lucroy becomes available in a 14-teamer then L.I.B...

Return to “Basketball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”