What do you say, Grey?

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
Bjz1154

What do you say, Grey?

Postby Bjz1154 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:48 pm

The Lester owner in my league is trying to get rid of the lefty. It's odd because he's a Sox fan and has always liked him. Am I missing something here? He's been very good this spring and hopefully with Bobby V gone the Boston circus will die down. I do like Beckett pitching a whole season in the NL especially in the West but I like that Lester is younger and will (should) get more Ks and possibly Wins.

This is what he offered
I get: Lester and Brett Gardner
I give: J. Beckett and Rickie Weeks

He said he is also interested in Chase Utley. Should I take it as is, counter with Utley instead of Weeks or hang onto Beckett and offer him another SP with either 2B?
12 Team Yahoo H2H

C- Y. Gomes 1B- Abreu 2B- Dee 3B- Donaldson SS- S. Castro
OF- C. Gomez, J. Upton, JD Martinez UTIL- Teixeira

SP- Hamels, Lester RP- Chapman, Grilli
P- Carrasco, Syndergaard, AJ Ramos

Bench- Rodon, R. Castillo, Ziegler, Lincecum, Buchholz, Latos
DL- d'Arnaud, Ellsbury

Mauddib

Re: What do you say, Grey?

Postby Mauddib » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:00 am

My main problem with the deal is that you are trading your backup 2B in Weeks. With Utley as your starting 2B, there is a good chance you will need Weeks at some point to help fill in for an injury.

Other than that, I am ok with the deal. I don't mind dealing Weeks over Utley and I prefer Lester to Beckett. I also think Gardner could be a very solid player. So if you are ok dealing your backup 2B that you might need at some point, then I would be fine doing that deal as is.

BluePulaski

Re: What do you say, Grey?

Postby BluePulaski » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:47 am

What other SPs, 2Bs, and OFs are available still?

Assuming the FA 2Bs stink, I would rather keep Utley and Weeks and see how they start out the season.

Lester is not a huge upgrade on Beckett and you can probably do better than either one by being shrewd on the wire.

I would rather have the depth at 2B (one of your weakest) positions than taking on Gardner and see how things play out.
10-team mixed keeper league (15 keepers), H2H - 1 Win R/HR/RBI/SB/AVG/OPS/W/CG/SHO/SV/K/ERA/WHIP/QS
HITTERS:
Lineup (C/1B/2B/SS/3B/LF/CF/RF/UTIL/UTIL/UTIL/UTIL)
C - empty (will pick up a hot catcher when ready)
1B - E. Hosmer
2B - J. Kipnis
SS - T. Tulowitzki
3B - A. Beltre
OF - M. Trout, A. McCutchen, J. Upton
UTIL - G. Stanton, A. Rizzo, B. Harper, empty slot

PITCHERS: SP - S. Strasburg, A. Wainwright, G. Gonzalez, H. Iwakuma, S. Miller, K. Medlen, H. Ryu, M. Garza, A. Cobb, H. Bailey, R. Porcello, M. Estrada, W. Peralta, S. Gray, E. Ramirez
RP - A. Chapman, A. Reed, J. Benoit
N/A slot: M. Pineda. DL - C. Maybin, M. Moore

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”