It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Keep Medlen, Craig, Stanton, Stras, Napoli, Pedroia? 12 t
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:52 pm 

Hey all thanks for checking out this post. So Im in a 12 person h2h league w standard categories. This is a yearly keeper league and keepers are decided based on the average ranking and ADP of CBS, ESPN, and Yahoo. Whatever draft position that player has, lets say for example pick #14, would cost the owner the corresponding round pick so in this case that would be a second round pick. If you take two guys in the same round, so if I took Stanton and Stras, it would be cost me a 2nd and 3rd round pick. So the players I have from last year and considering keeping and their worth are:

Stanton - 2nd round
Strasburg - 2nd round
Pedroia - 3rd round
Hanley - 3rd round
Medlen - 8th round
Craig - 5th Round
Napoli - 11th Round

I get to keep 3 guys. I personally think that the value is in keeping late round guys bc then there is a chance of getting either Stanton/Strasburg or anothe early round guy with my 1st or 2nd pick (if I didn't keep either of them). Then I could potentially have kept 3 guys as keepers and redrafting one of my studs. However if I get a bad draft pick then I could miss out on snagging them with an early pick. Thanks for the help, I'm really torn.

Post subject: Re: Keep Medlen, Craig, Stanton, Stras, Napoli, Pedroia? 12 t
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:33 pm 

I usually like late round guys as well but I think i would keep Stanton, Strasburg and Pedroia. Stanton isn't a great value depending on your draft pick but SS with a 3rd round pick is very good value and so is Pedroia with a 4th round pick. That is just too much talent at excellent prices. No chance you can get that level of talent back with those picks if you take late round guys.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:49 pm 

Mauddib wrote:
I usually like late round guys as well but I think i would keep Stanton, Strasburg and Pedroia. Stanton isn't a great value depending on your draft pick but SS with a 3rd round pick is very good value and so is Pedroia with a 4th round pick. That is just too much talent at excellent prices. No chance you can get that level of talent back with those picks if you take late round guys.

did you mean keep Hanley instead of Stras?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:53 pm 

Sorry should have thought that through. SS = Stephen Strasburg.