It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Trying an Auction Draft with my league...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:54 pm 

Grey,

My league will be trying an auction draft for the first time. this year and I have a few questions...

1) How long would a 10 team, 25 man roster Auction Draft take?

2) I have thought about switching up the roster limits. We have always done a ( C,1b,2b,ss,3b,of,of,of,u,u, - sp,sp,sp,sp,sp,rp,rp,rp) and 6 bench spots. I am thinking of adding CI, MI, 1 or 2 OF, and 1 SP...what do you recommend?

3)We also want to start a keeper program - what is the best way to manage keepers in an auction draft-style league?

- Shakey

Post subject: Re: Trying an Auction Draft with my league...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:26 pm 

I haven't done an action in a while so not sure on time frame. Lots of logistics that would tie into this as well. Like how do you starting bidding on each player, how long until the bidding closes, some leagues draft starters and then do a draft for reserve players. Lots of different ways to do it.

I do play in both kind of leagues with or with out CI, MI etc. I think it could be fun to add 1 OF spot and both CI and MI. I would then consider going down to one Util but no real reason for it except that you are essentially adding 3 util spots just with restrictions. I would also consider changing up the one RP just to P and then adding another P. This would allow you flexibility on how you handle your pitching staff.

As for keepers, i like you keeping as many as you want year to year. But add $5 per year kept. This will keep big names in the draft pool consistently but allow teams that get good players later in the draft to still keep them.

Post subject: Re: Trying an Auction Draft with my league...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:29 pm 

Mauddib wrote:
As for keepers, i like you keeping as many as you want year to year. But add $5 per year kept. This will keep big names in the draft pool consistently but allow teams that get good players later in the draft to still keep them.

Do you advise salary escalations for the second year after the initial auction? Some leagues do that but others let you keep the guy at the same price for year 2.

Examples-
You buy Goldschmidt for $20.
You keep him the following season and now his salary is $25.

OR

You buy Goldschmidt for $20.
You keep him the following season and his salary is $20.
If you keep him for the third season, his salary would then escalate to $25.