Yahoo 6X6 Roto League that includes OBP and Losses

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!

Yahoo 6X6 Roto League that includes OBP and Losses

Postby Snowleopard » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:08 am

Wanted to get people's thoughts on how the inclusion of these two categories change the way in which rankings are affected. Given the fact that losses are a category, this diminishes the value of pitchers like Felix Hernandez and a few others who are generally .500 pitchers due to lack of run support. While I don't plan on punting SP, I feel like Relievers are almost more valuable given the fact that they will have a huge impact on 4 categories (L, SV, ERA, WHIP). I almost feel like I should draft offense for the first 10 rounds, then pick up 3 solid closers in rounds 10-15, and finally draft solid pitchers who are on winning teams (Washington, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Tampa Bay, Toronto). Thoughts?

* There is also an innings limit of 1250
* There are only 3 RP slots and one P in which you can play relievers each day.

Re: Yahoo 6X6 Roto League that includes OBP and Losses

Postby Mauddib » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:35 am

OBP changes some players but not a ton of them. Very much something to keep an eye on though.

Losses, I wouldn't worry all that much about. Just like wins, they are hard to judge. Just like a stud SP on a bad team, they get knocked a little but I wouldn't knock them that much. Same goes for relievers. Losses are just too inconsistent to rely upon.

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”