It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 16 team Set-and-Forget
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:45 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

So here it is. Picked out of the 16 slot. Standard 5 x 5, 5 OF, 2 Util, MI/CI, no benches. Rosters locked - no adds, drops or trades.

C Lucroy (273)
1B Butler (48)
2B Espinosa (144)
3B Longoria (17)
SS Nakajima (176)
CI Zimmerman (49)
MI Dn Murphy (240)
OF J Upton (16)
OF Choo (81)
OF Beltran (112)
OF Stubbs (208)
OF Martin (272)
Util Wallace (337)
Util Maxwell (369)

P Wainwright (80)
P Kennedy (113)
P Beckett (145)
P Bailey (209)
P McCarthy (304)
P Doubront (305)
P Maholm (368)
P Bastardo (400)
P Romo (177)
P Veras (241)
P Benoit (336)

Solid in the OF, real good at the corners, a bit of a mess in the middle. Rotation felt a bit scratchy during the draft but I think it's probably scrubbed up OK.

Though taking Lucroy where I did was a big mistake as a whole bunch of nice guys in the Top 60/80 got taken right after that, hence my having to resort to McCarthy/Doubront. The Maholm pick was a bit of a reaction to that - trying to stabilise with a guy who would pitch plenty of innings and not be completely awful.

Too many Astros, but hopefully Wallace will do something and Maxwell could be a 20/15 guy at a nice price, though with a horrible average. Which he might need to be if Stubbs turns into a dead pick...

Post subject: Re: 16 team Set-and-Forget
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:49 pm 

Steve wrote:
So here it is. Picked out of the 16 slot. Standard 5 x 5, 5 OF, 2 Util, MI/CI, no benches. Rosters locked - no adds, drops or trades.

C Lucroy (273)
1B Butler (48)
2B Espinosa (144)
3B Longoria (17)
SS Nakajima (176)
CI Zimmerman (49)
MI Dn Murphy (240)
OF J Upton (16)
OF Choo (81)
OF Beltran (112)
OF Stubbs (208)
OF Martin (272)
Util Wallace (337)
Util Maxwell (369)

P Wainwright (80)
P Kennedy (113)
P Beckett (145)
P Bailey (209)
P McCarthy (304)
P Doubront (305)
P Maholm (368)
P Bastardo (400)
P Romo (177)
P Veras (241)
P Benoit (336)

Solid in the OF, real good at the corners, a bit of a mess in the middle. Rotation felt a bit scratchy during the draft but I think it's probably scrubbed up OK.

Though taking Lucroy where I did was a big mistake as a whole bunch of nice guys in the Top 60/80 got taken right after that, hence my having to resort to McCarthy/Doubront. The Maholm pick was a bit of a reaction to that - trying to stabilise with a guy who would pitch plenty of innings and not be completely awful.

Too many Astros, but hopefully Wallace will do something and Maxwell could be a 20/15 guy at a nice price, though with a horrible average. Which he might need to be if Stubbs turns into a dead pick...

What, you an Astros fan? Kidding... I don't mind Astros actually in a set it and forget it because they will play the guys, it's not like they'll be trading for better guys or something to make a pennant run... I agree with your assessment... I like the OF, love the corners, up the middle (SS, MI and pitchers) is a bit messy... If Wainwright fails to live up to an ace, your pitching might be in real trouble...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:29 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Yeah, the cupboard gets bare real quick, especially if you make a bit of a misstep. Be interested to see how this team works out - there are an awful lot of guys here that are best available point shares picks...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:01 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Selected this team out of the 13th slot.
I think this team can compete. Prolly have issues with AVG. and maybe on the lighter side of STEALS, but offensively I like it. My pitching staff is lacking an ace, but I’m hoping for goodness across the board. My biggest question is, should I’ve taken Bundy instead of Straily as my last pitcher?

C Ramos (365)
1B Goldschmidt (45)
2B Rutledge (173)
3B Lawrie (77)
SS Reyes (20)
CI Frazier (148)
MI Kelly Jo (301)
OF Stanton (13)
OF BJ Upton (52)
OF Pence (109)
OF Marte (205)
OF Brantley (244)
Util Lind (269)
Util Chisenhall (372)

P Latos (84)
P Samardzija (116)
P Minor (180)
P Estrada (212)
P Milone (276)
P Tilman (308)
P Straily (397)
RP Holland (141)
RP Fujikawa (237)
RP Gregerson (333)
RP Parnell (340)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:59 pm 

I think your team is a tad better than Steve's (sorry, Steve!)... I don't mind the pitching at all...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:21 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
I think your team is a tad better than Steve's (sorry, Steve!)... I don't mind the pitching at all...

No need to apologise. The last time you liked vinko's team better than mine in this league, I finished ahead of him :-)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:25 pm 

So there's that...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:06 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Oh - and just for fun we picked a manager to 'manage' our team. Couldn't go past this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggy6WGUFaYs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:10 pm 

Nice...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:25 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Just War-Roomed it. Bastardo is the missing pitcher...

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2013-02-17 at 2.20.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-02-17 at 2.20.44 PM.png [ 73.21 KiB | Viewed 261 times ]